Chapter 27. Shopping.

We crossed the road and joined Karn who was already saving a table for us all.

"Korn said he would order a mixture as usual. Assume that's okay with you Ming?"

"Yes, but I hope it's not too much as I am not that hungry," Ming replied, looking pleased to learn which of the twins was sitting there so easily and so quickly. "I only ate an hour or so ago."

"Had a late night then?" Karn teased, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Yes, but not as you infer. Someone asks a lot of questions..... mentioning no names," Ming answered, looking at me as Korn returned to the table and sat down.

Karn laughed. "Earth's well into oral sex you know!"

As I reached over to slap him, Korn added, "He's always talking about it."

With that they burst into giggles, making Ming and I giggle too.

Korn had not gone crazy with the food and had just ordered a variety of different things that we could all pick at.

Ming, I noticed, ate something of everything. "This is really good. It's better at the weekend than during the week," he enthused.

"I never really had street food until I shared a room with these two," I said, licking my fingers clean. "They're pretty good at sussing out the best inexpensive places to eat, that's for sure."

"That's because we ain't loaded like you Rich Boy!" Korn retaliated immediately.

I saw Ming wince at the insult from Korn that I didn't take as one. He often said it as a joke, but never usually in front of anyone. I took it that he was really relaxed about Ming now.

"It's okay Ming." I said, reassuringly. "It's one of Korn's insulting terms of endearment he likes to throw my way. He uses plenty more of course, so don't ever take offence."

"You guys continue to surprise me. I know you are roommates, but you're a lot closer than just that, aren't you?"

Korn was quick to answer. "Karn and Earth have always been pretty close. Me? I could never work him out, so I tried pushing buttons so he would react. He never did, and so I never stopped with the insults. Only now, as Platinum Amex boy here has just said..., they ain't insults anymore. Anyone else insults him and they will be in real trouble."

"Glad to hear it. How much do I owe for the meal?" Ming asked, making to pull out his money.

"It's my turn today," Korn instantly replied, putting his hand across the table and stopping Ming from opening his wallet. "With Pang and Golf not here it was cheaper than usual, besides we've thought of a way you can repay us."

"Sure," answered Ming without hesitation.

"You can drive, can't you?"

Ming nodded.

"If we can get hold of a car are you willing to drive us all next week to Hua Hin? Be quicker and cheaper than the coach.....," stated Korn.

"..... and more comfortable," added Karn.

"If you want, we can go on Friday night....," suggested Korn.

"...... and come back late Sunday," proposed Karn.

"What do you think?" They said almost in unison.

"Is that not putting your parents out having us turn up for two days?" I asked.

"Yes it would....," Korn answered. There was a cheeky look to his smile.

"....but we thought you might like to stay at one of the nice beach places, and have a romantic weekend together," Karn suggestively added, with an equally cheeky smile.