Chapter 30. Meditation.

Sky's words hung in the air for what seemed like an eternity.

I saw Pond and Chiang look at each other, clearly wondering how to deal with the situation, and their reply.

I decided to answer for them instead. "Cheers Pang. I have a bad dream and you go and let the cat out of the bag! Thanks a lot!"

"I just said what you told me," she answered defensively. "It was you that queried why your camera and phone were still with you when you remember seeing them fall."

"You said I was hallucinating or just dreaming. I don't really remember much about it now. The only thing that keeps coming back to me is a vision of my mother kissing me goodbye." I lied.

She looked at me quizzically. "You never said that to me."

"Just as well I didn't as probably the whole Campus would know by now about my strange dreams. Who else have you told about this?"

"Just Golf."

"Golf?"

"Yup! ... He was saying about Karn having some really seriously strange, and almost erotic, dreams about you, and I just said you had weird ones too."

"That's great Pang! No wonder he's been off with me and the twins the past few days. Must think we are off our heads. He was so rude to me on Saturday night when he came back drunk."

"I'm sorry Earth. I can tell him it's just my mistake. I can say I was angry with you and just looking for revenge after what you said to me."

"Fine!" I answered, "but I just wish you and Sky would forget about what I am alleged to have said about that because I'm sure I was hallucinating. There is no other possible explanation, is there?"

I held Pang's stare until a text dropped in on my phone that was beside me on the table.

It was me that broke eye contact to check who it was from.  

It was from Korn. 'Golf does remember. I have been buying him drinks in a street bar near you'.

I slid the phone over towards Ming so he could read it.

I turned my attention back to what we had been talking about. "Thank you for the offer Khun Chiang. I will be happy to help Pang and Sky make a presentation to the Student Leader of the Dancing Club...., that's if they wish me to."

Yacht brought over more drinks, and while Chiang was in deep conversation with Sky, Yacht distracted Pang momentarily as he handed her a fresh drink.

Pond stood up and mouthed to me to follow him, and went downstairs to the toilets. Ming saw it too, and from the look I gave him, he knew that he was to distract Pang by talking to her.

"This is working out to be more difficult than I thought," Pond said as I entered the toilets. "Has she only told Golf about this, though? Has Golf said anything to anyone else?"

"She doesn't usually lie, Pond. At the moment Golf is jealous and angry about something. If you can read his mind first then you will be able to know what to do about Sky. Pang won't say anything more. I know she won't."

"You said he was drunk on Saturday night, yes?"

"Definitely. He claimed that he couldn't remember seeing me and Ming and being rude to us, but Korn has been buying him drinks nearby tonight and he has admitted he does remember."

"Can Korn bring him here?" Pond asked.

"I can ask him..... If I tell him to walk past us we can call them and ask if they would like to join us."