×♡ Prologue ♡×

×♡×

×♡×

Luke walked up to his apartment door, his head lazily leaning up against the deep red paint that fit well against the boring, dusty walls surrounding it. 

He shuffled for his keys for a minute, struggling to get the key inside. He was trying his hardest not to break down and start sobbing in the middle of the cold hallway. But once he eventually got it in he pressed his whole body against the door to open it, he didn't even bother putting his keys on the hook beside him, grudgingly tossing them on the counter closest to him. 

He walked over to the deep brown leather couch that he hated. He grabbed one of the 2 thin blankets he owned that was thrown on the floor and wrapped himself around them, shivering once he realized how cold he really was.

As money and prices of basic human needs have increased, and just owning money in general was getting tougher and tougher to do, Luke has found himself in a terrible financial state. 

 He has a tiny apartment that he feels can barely fit himself, his soul and aura feeling too large for the confined space. A small space consisting of a couch, a tv, a small walk-in kitchen with his beloved fridge that held cheap bottles of various alcohol, and a small bathroom. 

Not only this, but he has had no one to socialize with for months. His family barely even talks to him anymore, and all the friends he has somehow gotten over the years have seemingly forgotten or left him.

Luke turns on the tv, shrugging and watching some random football game on it. His eyes were glued to the screen, but different thoughts were rushing his brain. Wacking it with dark, degrading thoughts with a bat until his brain was turned to a gross tar-like mush that no one wanted to get in any contact with.

Why does no one want to talk to me? Am I just not good enough? Maybe I'm not presentable or charming enough like other dudes. That would make sense. Who would want to go near this disgusting, drug addict with baggy, gross eyes anyway?...I just want someone to talk to...it's been so long since I've had anyone..i want to have someone want to be with me and talk to me....am i not worthy of that?.........No! Stop. Shut up idiot.

He was mumbling his words now, practically scolding himself for even thinking he deserved such a thing. His head felt dizzy as he stared at dirty carpets

"..shut the fuck up. Why would you ever think you deserve anything as good as that? You don't deserve anyone. Or anything. You deserve to die Luke. You deserve nothing but pure agony and pain."

Luke whimpered at his own words. His body was shaking with pure pain and fear.

Stop stop stop shut up shut upshutup ShutupShutUpShutUp

He was arguing with himself again, his eyes still glued to the tv.

In a desperate attempt to stop the pain he stood up fast, tears running out of his eyes as he scrambled to his kitchen and shoved the door open to his fridge, spotting his last beer bottle and yanking it out of it's cold compartment and slamming it on the counter

He struggled to find his bottle opener. He looked through his drawers, one by one, but he couldn't find it. He sobbed loudly as he slammed the drawers shut.
WhereisitWhereisitWhereIsItWhereIsItWHEREISITWHEREISIT

Louder and louder the slams got as he was frantically looking for it. When he looked through them all with no avail, he cried louder and let his body lean against the counter as he felt the edge of it stab into his stomach.

His hands shook as they gripped the edge. It felt like it might break and crumble in his hands if he squeezed any harder, but he didnt care. His mind was too clouded with swirling fog. He felt like he couldn't think or breathe properly, like his mind was being taken over by a different being. Wrapping his sense of logic with a black sheet. 

He stood up abruptly, almost knocking the beer bottle over as his back rammed into the dishwasher behind him, screaming out in pain.

"SHUT UP. MAKE IT STOP SHUT UP. GET OUT OF MY LIFE I DON'T WANT YOU PLEASE..PLEASE.....Please...please get out...." Luke whimpered as his voice got tired of yelling. He could feel his heart racing. He clutched his hair tightly, his eyes and brain slowly focusing back onto the world around him. 

His glossy eyes slowly looked onto the counter in the corner, there sat his bottle opener.

Shakey long legs walked over to the corner, picking up the bottle on the way. He latched the edge of the bottle cap with the opener and popped it off, hearing it clack on the counter below it.

Hearing the comforting sound of the drink sizzling up in its container was probably the most relaxing noise for Luke. His mind so addicted to the drink he cant help but feel his mouth water when he hears or smells it.

He knows it's bad. He knows it's cheap, but it's the best hes got. And the only thing keeping him sane is the cold, wet, condensation dripping in between his fingers as he takes a long gulp of the drink.

He tiredly walked back into his living room, the tv still playing. He laid down on his couch and basically began chugging his drink. Because of this and the few other drinks he had earlier, he felt his senses being slowly taken away from him as the substance continued to flow down his throat. 

"F-fuck" he studdered, voice sore. Once he was done with his last drink of the day, he lazily set it on the table next to the couch on its side, not even caring that it immediately rolled off and landed on the soft carpet underneath. He bundled himself in his thin blankets once more, now laying down completely on his couch. He tried to stay awake, he really did, but his body was too tired, and his mind eventually blanked out and fell asleep on his couch.

×♡×

Damn not even a chapter in and already an emotional wreck....such a shame....anyway

Hey hey so that was the first thing of this little story I'm making. I'm not big on writing but sometimes I just get that spark at like 3 am and I love doing it so that's what this is :3