×♡× Chapter 7 - "Beautiful" ×♡×

×♡×

Ashton was pained. He hated this. He didn't want to seem like some sort of weird stalker if he told Luke what he saw a few days ago. He saw what happened when Luke's head got pushed too far, when it controlled him.

Luke said it wasn't about him, but Ashton swore it was. The panic, the running out of the busy club and being controlled by a dusty cloud of smoke in your mind. A puppeteer, forcing him to hurt himself. 

Ashton saw the scars on Luke's body when saving him that night. Those were definitely hand-made, and cut on purpose. The battle wounds that bloodied his beauty.

It hurt him knowing how Luke must feel. How little he saw himself. Why could someone so beautiful be so hurt? 

Ashton knew it was his responsibility. Luke trusted him. Even though Luke barely knew him, Luke trusted him to show him his broken self. Ashton wondered if Luke had shown this side to anyone else before.

He hugged the blonde, letting him cry on his shoulder and rubbed Luke's back soothingly. “Its okay, let it all out.”

Luke sobbed against him, clenching hard on Ashtons clothes. 

“Please don't leave, I don't want you to leave” Luke cried. Ashton forced himself to stay calm. It was his job, his responsibility to help others. “It's okay, I'm not leaving anytime soon. I'm right here baby” 

Luke sniffled. Ashton comfortingly smiled and continued gently reassuring him.

“You can squeeze me as tight as you want, I don't mind.” Ashton slightly smiled when he felt Luke squeeze a little tighter, trying to get closer to him. “That's it. It's okay. Nothing is going to hurt you, it's just me.” Luke's cries significantly calmed down, reducing down to just small sniffles. 

Ashton moved his hand up to run through Luke's hair. Smiling and sighing in relief that Luke had calmed down. “Are you feeling better?” Luke sniffled and hummed a ‘mhm’.

Ashton wasn't sure what just happened. He didn't know why Luke suddenly switched from being his amazing self, to a crying mess on top of him. He was glad that Luke felt comfortable enough to show that part of him, but he just wanted to know why. 

“I'm sorry, this is probably a lot for you.” He heard Luke mumble. Ashton simply pulled Luke's head out of the crook of his neck gently and rubbed his shoulder. Looking reassuringly at Luke's now puffy, red eyes.

“It's okay, I don't mind at all. I'm just curious as to why it happened so suddenly. You seemed perfectly fine earlier? Did I do something wrong?” 

Luke gently rested his head back on Ashtons shoulder as he spoke. “I-I don't know. It just happens so randomly sometimes, I don't understand why. You didn't do anything wrong though.”

Ashtons nerves calmed slightly when he realized it wasn't his fault, but Luke still worried him. “Do you have a therapist or anyone?" 

“I've been to some before but I couldn't pay enough. So I had to stop booking appointments.” Luke sighed, relaxing in Ashtons arms.