×♡× Chapter 2 - "Safe And Sound" ×♡×

×♡×

Ashtons panting breaths took over the nicely lit room. Arms flexing as he continued to lift his dumbell up and down in an even pattern.

Thoughts of Luke danced in his mind. Ever since he saw the man seemingly starting to have some sort of panic attack before dashing out of the club, it left him feeling stumped. Maybe he was way too forward with him? Maybe he's just vanilla? He was not sure. He just hoped the man was okay because to be honest, he was one of the few things that were stuck in his head for the past week or two.

He always saw Luke walk into the bar sultry, not even caring about the curious looks he got when he walked in. He always grabbed a drink, talked to the bartender about his problems, grabbed another drink, and more. He didn't use a card or anything to pay for it either. He always used a small sum of money that Ashton assumed he just deposited to keep himself grounded and not spend too much.

The dark bags under his deep blue eyes always enticed Ashton. He didn't socialize with anyone besides the bartender, and he just had this gaze he had when he zoned out--which seemed to be often- that made Ashton want to protect, and cherish the man until he was happy and comfortable.

He was very attractive to Ashton to say the least. He wasn't big on the ones that were more forward like he was. Ashton felt drawn to the people who seemed to be on the complete opposite end of the introvert/extrovert spectrum. Less social people brought his protective side out, he felt this urge to keep them as his and make them feel safety and comfort in his arms, and he knew Luke would fill that urge up beautifully.

After a while of curling and flexing his arms, he placed down the large dumbell and sighed. Grabbing the damp towel next to him and wiping off the sweat that dribbled down his face and collarbones.

He looked over at one of his best friends, who had also just finished his work out session.

"Fuckk that feels great doesnt it?" Ashton stretched out his muscles. Feeling some crack and relax. Ashton smiled as Calum nodded his head, stretching just the same.

"You're a great guy Cal, yknow that? We work as a great team." Ashton swung his towel over his shoulders. Standing up and walking over to Calum, who stayed seated at his bench as Ashton pulled out his hand, helping his best friend stand up beside him.

"I agree, we really work well. Too bad Mike couldn't come with us." Calum picked up his bag, his white towel matching Ashtons as it was thrown around his shoulders as well.

"Yeah, but you know he has his own work to do."

Ashton and Calum worked both as local firefighters in their town. So it was crucial for them to stay fit and in shape just by the demands of their job. Their dear friend Michael however, stayed home most of the time.

Michael worked as a graphic designer. Making money by drawing and designing posters, advertisements, and etc for companies and businesses. He really enjoys hanging out at the gym with his best friends, but sometimes it clashed when he really needed time to work on an important design, which was fine with the other boys.