×♡× Chapter 3 - "Be Alright" ×♡×

×♡×

   Michael opened the door for the two of them to walk into. Ashton had not been to Michael's place many times, but he could never forget how small the apartment was. It was a perfect size for Michael to live in and seemed pretty comfortable living in it by himself, but would definitely be an issue if anyone else were to join in with him.

The three men sat on the couch and Michael started off the conversation.

“So what are we talking about here?” He crossed his arms, looking at Ashton, waiting for him to ask away.

“So I know that we literally just had a pretty extreme emergency which was pretty clear was self harm. And obviously that's really fucking worrying, especially with someone you know.” Ashton nodded towards Michael, Michael smiling sadly at him, silently urging him to continue. 

“Well, I guess, I kinda knew Luke as well. Well- not really KNEW per-say but- well..” Ashton stumbled a bit. His confident personality sometimes slipped a little when he was with his friends or talking about serious junk.

“I had seen that guy at the club we always go to, the one down a few streets? And he always had something about him. He always walked in through the door just to get a drink and like, doesn't even socialize with anyone. So of course I got curious and walked up to him, talked to him for a bit. And I made it obvious that I was attracted to him, you know? But I guess I went a bit too far and he started panicking and ran out of the club without a word.” 

Ashton felt the gazes of his best friends on either sides of him. He sighed and spoke finally

“So..I'm starting to think maybe... It was my fault he got hurt.” 

It was silent in the small apartment. A small siren could be heard from outside far away through the thin walls. Ashton felt Calums warm hand rub his back comfortingly, Michael scooting closer to his friend.

“I understand how you feel Ash, fuck, that must feel horrible. What exactly did you say that may have made him uncomfortable?” Michael spoke softly, resting his hand on Ashtons shoulder.

“I asked if he knew or was interested in BDSM, which now that I think about it, was a pretty out-there move and probably shouldn't have said that as I was meeting someone new.” 

“Ohh yeah… that might have been a bit too much. But he is gonna be safe now, right? So you can just go up and apologize and then boom. Done.” Calum explained, an assured smile on his face. 

“Yeah! But you have to remember that he seems to be a sensitive person. He always blocked me out and shoved me away any time I tried to talk to him ever since he came and moved in next to me. So just be wary of that” Michael advised, Looking at Ashton in the eyes to make sure he understood what he was saying. “He truly does seem like a great guy, just has some issues at the moment and that's okay! I'm confident you will make him comfortable."