3. - A night to...

Back in my hotel room, Max had already arrived and was waiting for me to get ready. The dinner wasn't in another 30 minutes, but as Max said, 'he enjoyed making me stress out while getting ready'. After 10 more minutes, I walked out of the bathroom once more, finally done with my hair and make-up, and now all there was left to do was change my clothes. "I don't get why you spend so long on putting on make-up when you're just as pretty without it," Max spoke up, his eyes never leaving me as I moved around the room, trying to find my dress. "You're saying I just spent half an hour on my make-up, and you don't see a difference?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and trying to tease him by possibly making him say something stupid. "No, I see a difference, and you look hot-, um, but even without it, you'd still be the best-looking person in the room,"

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly while signing for him to look the other way, as I was going to change into the dress I had finally located in my suitcase. He did so and I quickly took off my clothes and slipped on the little, black dress that I would be wearing for tonight. I walked and stood in front of the mirror, as I was trying to pull up the zipper in the back when I heard Max walking closer. I looked at him through the mirror whilst he helped me by zipping up my dress, before too looking into the mirror. His hands lingered on my waist as he looked me up and down, ending his stare at my eyes and then flashed me a small smile, "You look amazing," He said, and once again, he had my face red like a tomato. "You don't look so bad yourself, Maxie," I teased, trying to lighten the mood a little.

Max just chuckled instead of his usual eye-roll and then took out his phone from his pocket, "Let's take a picture," He suggested, pointing his phone into the mirror, and I naturally tried to move away, thinking we were too close for a public picture, but he pulled me back in by my waist. "Max,-" I started, but he caught me off. "Don't worry sunshine, I won't post it, it's just for myself and my memories," He spoke, and then proceeded to take a few pictures. After a minute or two, he showed me a picture with a smile,

 After a minute or two, he showed me a picture with a smile,

And with that, you were off together to the driver's dinner. 

After parking his car, Max got out and opened the door for me too. Something he would always do when we drove together. He even offered me a hand, helping me out of the car as I was wearing high heels. When we arrived, a waiter showed us directly to the room where most of the drivers had already arrived, but as we entered, all the attention seemed to fall on me. I suddenly felt a bit embarrassed, looking down on myself to see if something was off or if I looked weird. Before I could ask Max about it, he gently placed a hand on my lower back, signing for us to walk forward, while he lent down to my ear and whispered, "I told you you look amazing," I looked back at him, but his eyes were forward with a proud smile on his face, which made me feel a whole lot better. He always knew exactly how to calm me down and show support in the best way. 

Max and I both joined one of the small groups of drivers, consisting of Charles, Pierre, Esteban and Carlos. We were all casually talking when my eyes fell on the entrance, where the Mclaren boys had just appeared. I observed as they both scanned the room, eventually ending up with their attention in our direction. Lando flashed me a smile, which I returned before I could see him lean over and tell Oscar something, that seemed to annoy him. Lando then came in our direction, with Oscar trailing not far behind. Of course, he had to come over here.