5. - Mr. & Mrs. Red Bull

For the next many races, Max and I were as inseparable as ever. Anywhere one of us was, the other was as well. Only a few of the others knew about our relationship, including Charles, Carlos, Lando, Logan and Pierre. We had strictly told them that we didn't want it to be the talk of the town, nor for everyone to know before we were both 100% comfortable with it. It would come out when we were ready, and how we wanted it to. 

Max and I had previously discussed our concern about our relationship coming in the way of our professional relationship and work with the team, but it had almost gotten better after getting together. No one suspected a thing, and we kept on getting P1-P2 over and over again, sharing the wins almost equally between us. It had gone better than any of us could have ever hoped for, and before we knew it, it was already time for the Monaco GP, and we had almost reached our three-month mark of being together. We were talking about just that, as we were sitting together in the paddock café, having lunch just the two of us.

"How do you feel about staying in Monaco until the next race?" Max asked, looking up at me with hopeful eyes. After this race, we had a week and a half before we had to be at the next one. "Staying here? At your place?" I asked, smiling while looking around the paddock, enjoying his company. "Yes, of course at my place. Where else?" He spoke, making me giggle in response. I placed my hand on his on top of the table before looking back at him. "I'd love to stay here with you," I smile, which he immediately returns, just bigger. "Really?" He asked, raising both his eyebrows. "Of course, Max. There's nowhere else I'd rather be," I tease a little, but he just celebrates visibly, making me laugh out loud.

"What's he so happy about?" We both heard Lando ask when he, Charles and Oscar arrived at our table, each taking a seat. Max and I were both aware of Oscar being there, so we couldn't tell the truth, as he didn't know about us yet. Neither did I know if I wanted him to. Ever since Bahrain, he had been completely ignoring me, so the fact that he even sat down at our table was a shocker to me. "Nothing guys, just an inside thing," Max said, which referred to anything regarding our relationship, whenever people who didn't know about it were around. "You asked her then?" Charles then asked, which I raised an eyebrow at, as well as Lando and Oscar. I saw Max nod, to which I looked at him with a dumbfounded look. "Well, we're going to have lots of fun together in Monaco then, Yn! Arthur will love it too!" Charles then said.

"Poor Arthur, he'll just be a fifth wheel with you all," Lando said, clearly without thinking twice, but his poor choice of words seemed to catch Oscar's attention immediately. "Why would he be a fifth wheel?" He asked, looking at Lando, but then quickly turned to look at me. His eyes were fierce like I had never seen them before. I just looked at Max, who was looking back at me with supportive eyes. "Don't tell me you both are together?" Oscar then said, this time raising his voice a little. This caught me off guard, as I didn't think he would even care. "As a matter of fact, we are," I replied, then looked back at him. "That's so unprofessional!" He exclaimed, leaving my jaw dropped to the floor. "What?" I asked, giving him a chance to explain himself.

"You both are teammates! You're not supposed to date. You're not supposed to date anyone on the grid, for that matter!" He said, just digging his hole deeper and deeper. "Oh, that's rich coming from you, Oscar," I replied as calmly as I could, which clearly caught him off guard. His eyes flickered around before he abruptly got up and left the table, walking back towards the paddock. 

"I'm sorry guys, it just slipped out..." Lando apologised, but I shook my head while feeling Max's hand on my back. "Don't worry about it Lan, he was bound to find out eventually. It's not your fault." I smiled at him, before looking back at Max, "I'll head back to the garage, I need to talk to Christian about that thing," I said, and he smiled at me, nodding his head. "Alright, I'll see you there later, sunshine," I nodded and got up, looking towards the others, "Have a great media day guys!" I smiled at them brightly, and they both returned it and wished me good luck back.