19. - Drama

"He said that?" Oscar asked, after I told him about my conversation with Max, later that day. We were just relaxing around the paddock, as people were finishing up, and we were waiting for Logan and Lando to leave for dinner together. I nodded, and Oscar seemed to have a somewhat uneasy expression on his face. He then looked into my eyes, hesitated for a moment, but then finally spoke up again. "Con, if you want to give him another chance, I'll support you,-" I could tell his words were hurting himself, so I reached over to place a subtle hand on his arms, which were crossed over his chest. I was very aware that we were surrounded by many people nearby, so I didn't take his hand like I initially wanted to. "No. That is not what I want, okay? I tried to tell him, but he wouldn't let me talk," Oscar's eyes met the floor while I spoke, so I took a step closer, and he looked back up at me. "Oscar, you trust me, right?" I asked and saw his eyes soften. "Of course I do," He replied, a little pout appearing on his lips. "Good, so trust me when I say that I didn't change my mind about this. Okay?" I pleaded and he took a deep breath before nodding his head, giving in.

Before any of us could get in another word, we were joined by both Lando and Logan, but also Alex and Max. "Hey, sorry you had to wait so long, Logan took forever to get ready," Lando joked, to which we all laughed as Logan pulled a face. "No worries, are you both joining us as well?" Oscar asked, looking at both Alex and Max. "Yeah, we got to talking earlier, and found out we had plans to go to the same restaurant," Alex explained, to which Max nodded with a smile. "Great then, the more the merrier," I added, then looked to Oscar who had gotten the same uneasy look back in his eyes once again. 

At the restaurant, I sat down in between Oscar and Alex, while Max was right in front of me, with Logan and Lando on each of his sides. It was an Italian restaurant, and we all looked at the menus, even though I had already decided beforehand. "What are you having?" I asked Oscar, automatically leaning a bit in to watch where he was looking on the menu. "I don't know yet, I can't decide if I want a pizza or the salmon vodka pasta," He explained while pointing down at the menu. "You should try the pasta, that's Yn's favourite," Max spoke up in a cheerful manner, which gave me a slightly odd feeling inside. I looked back at Oscar, who seemed slightly bothered by the comment. "I'm having the pasta, so if you get the Pizza we can share," I suggested, trying to change the subject, which seemed appreciated by Oscar as he looked at me with a smile and nodded. "Sounds good then," he responded, and I returned his smile.

After we had ordered, we just sat and talked about whatever came up. The atmosphere was very nice, and Logan, Oscar and I shared stories from our trip to Australia, along with showing all the pictures we took. "Wait, so how long have you three been best friends?" Alex asked as we were sharing a story from our childhood. "How old were we back at carding camp?" I asked, looking from Oscar to Logan, and they both thought about it as well. "I don't know, like 10? 11?" Oscar asked, looking at Logan as well, who nodded. "Yeah, you and I were both 11 and Connor was 10," He said, and we all smiled at the thought. "And you've been in the same leagues ever since?" Alex asked again, but we all shook our heads. "No-, well I guess for the most part, but they would generally mostly move up a year before I would," I explained, and everyone listened intently. 

The food arrived shortly after, and we began eating. It was so delicious, both the pizza and the pasta that Oscar and I were sharing. "Do you want the rest of the pasta?" I asked quietly, after feeling completely full from all the food. "You sure? We can get a goodie bag if you want, you can have it later at the hotel," Oscar suggested, but I shook my head. "Are you both sharing a room?" Max asked right away, which made both of us look up immediately with confused looks. "Um, no?" I answered, knitting my eyebrows together. "Not officially anyway," Lando smirked, which made Logan slip out a laugh, but only seemed to annoy Max. "Shut up, Lando," Oscar said, clearly getting annoyed by his comments. "I asked you earlier if you two were together, and you said no," Max said, making an argument in front of everyone. "And that's the truth," I said, holding my ground. "You sure look like a couple to me," He accused, and I felt myself getting annoyed now. 

"Mate, she's allowed to do whatever she wants, okay? You're not together anymore," Oscar almost burst out, so I immediately placed a hand on top of his under the table, trying to calm him down a bit. "See, this is why I never liked you hanging around her from the beginning. You just wanted her all to yourself!" Max came back, but Oscar wasn't having it. "Let's be honest here, you didn't like me around her because you knew deep down that I would be better for her than you ever could," He said, in a calmer manner, but his eyes were shooting daggers across the table. "Please, you hurt her worse than I ever could," Max blurted out, referring to the time we weren't on speaking terms. "At least I would never cheat on her, or leave her at her parents' funeral because my ego got hurt and I felt insecure," Oscar snapped right back, which seemed to make Max shut up for good this time. He seemed embarrassed, and rightfully so. I didn't enjoy the way this whole conversation went down, but I knew that Oscar had been holding it in for a while and that it was bound to happen. 

After a while of silence, I felt Oscar pull his hand away from mine to stand up. I looked up and he was looking back down at me before nodding his head towards the door, signing for us to leave. I nodded and stood up as well, grabbing my bag. "I'll see you all tomorrow, here's for our share," I said, placing more than enough money down on the table, before Oscar took my hand and led us out of the restaurant, not muttering a single word, but giving Logan, Lando and Alex a nod each. 

The minute we got back to my hotel room, Oscar ran a hand through his hair and let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry for making a scene like that..." He apologised and I approached him and placed both my hands on either side of his face. "Don't apologise, Osc. He was asking for it all night," I tried to reassure him. His hands found my waist, and I gave him a small smile. "Lando didn't make it much better either," He let out a soft chuckle, and I couldn't help but do so as well. "Yeah, big mistake to tell him," I joked, and he shook his head. "I didn't even tell him, he guessed it the second we saw each other again after the break," He said, and I was surprised. "He guessed it?" I asked, and Oscar nodded. "Yeah, apparently I had a certain 'glow' about me. His words, not mine," He laughed and I felt my heart soften. "A certain glow, hm?" I teased a bit, and his smile grew wider while I noticed a soft blush appear on his face. "Oh shut up," He rolled his eyes and tried to push me away by my waist, but I grabbed his hands instead and pulled him back in, causing him to look back at me in surprise. I made his arms wrap around my waist before I reached my arms around his neck, and before he could say anything else, I placed a soft kiss on his lips.

Oscar didn't seem taken too aback by the kiss, if anything he accepted it almost immediately, and kissed me back. I wrapped my fingers in his hair, while he tightened his arms around my waist, and pressed his lips harder on mine. The kiss was warm and full of passion, but not in any way desperate or with any hint of wanting more than what it was. After a good while, we both pulled apart to catch our breaths, but our foreheads remained pressed against each other, as we stared into each other's eyes. "That was just what I needed," He admitted, to which I smiled widely. "Yeah?" I asked, and he leaned in to place another, short kiss on my lips. "Definitely," He replied. 

I took a moment to just take it all in before I let my lips speak before my thoughts had gone through my head, and blurted out, "Do you wanna stay here tonight?" My question seemed to catch him off guard as well, but he couldn't hide the smile that was breaking on his lips. "Are you sure?" He asked, leaning back to take a proper look at my face, then carefully removed a strand of hair from my face. "I'm sure. Please stay, I really missed you," I pleaded, and he gave in right away, nodding in agreement. "I missed you too, Con," He replied and we both leaned in to share yet another kiss. This one, lasted all night. ;)