13. - Just like old times

"Con!" Logan yells.

"Oscar! Logan!" I yell, running towards them in the middle of the arrival hall. I jump into both of their arms, and we all share a tight and happy hug. "How was the flight?" Oscar asks, taking my suitcase, while Logan grabs my carry-on. I smiled widely and interlocked my arms with theirs, beginning to walk out together to the car. "It was long and tiring, and they woke me up for all three meals, even though I was sleeping very well! The food was nice though, and luckily no kids in first class," I say, causing them both to burst out laughing at my ramble. 

"You wanna go back and rest for a few hours?" Logan suggested while Oscar was putting my bags in the trunk of his car. I shook my head, clinging onto Logan in the meantime. "Nope! Wanna go explore!" I say, and they both roll their eyes at me. "We're stopping by my parents to drop off your luggage, though," Oscar added, and I nodded as I approached the door to the backseat. "Of course. I'm excited to see your parents again," I say, getting in the car at the same time as the boys. "Trust me, they're excited to see you too," Oscar chuckles. "Yeah, no kidding. I've been here for two days, but they were only interested in me for an hour before beginning to ask about you and when you'll be arriving," Logan laughed, making both me and Oscar do so as well. God I had missed spending time with these two off the track, just the three of us. 

"Mom! We're here!" Oscar could barely finish his sentence before his mom was already joining us at the entrance of their home, bringing me into a tight hug. "Oh, Yn! Finally, you're here! How was the flight?" She asks, soon joined by her husband, who also brings me in for a hug, while the boys put away my bags in the meantime. "The flight was as nice as it could be, I'm just happy to finally be here!" I say, smiling at them both warmly. Oscar's mom starts to talk passionately about things we will have to see while I'm here, which only makes me smile wider, until I feel his hands on my waist, practically pulling me away from her, while he speaks, "Yes, yes, mom, just let her settle in for a minute before bombarding her," 

He then proceeded to lead me to the guest room I would be using during my stay. They had put a clean towel, clean white sheets, and even had a mini fridge filled with drinks and snacks. I was in awe at their efforts, and looked to Oscar, who already seemed to know what I was thinking, "Not my idea, any of it," He said, and I hugged him by his side. "Your mom is amazing," I say and he squeezes my body shortly, before letting go again and taking my hand. "Let me show you around," He said and proceeded to show me the other guest room, where Logan was staying, the two bathrooms on our floor, where one of them had a handwritten 'Yn's' sign on the door, made by his mom. Then lastly, he showed me his room. It was the biggest one on this floor, and everything about it screamed 'Oscar'. 

"They still keep it the same, even though I moved out and across the world," He chuckled, while I took a look around, and Logan joined us and sat down on his bed, playing with his phone. "That's sweet, it must feel even more like home when you're here, then," My eyes land on a photo frame on his desk, which contains a picture of the three of us at the race camp where we first met each other. I couldn't hold back the smile on my lips, taking the picture into my hands. I hear footsteps in my direction, followed by a presence right behind me, and without a word, I know exactly who. I could feel Oscar's breath on my neck as he was looking over my shoulder, but I don't think he knew exactly what he was doing. Or more importantly, how it made me feel inside. I felt the heat rising throughout my body, knowing how close he was to me at that moment.

"Do you remember how we met?" He asked, bringing me back to reality. I nodded. "You were the cutest little boy, and those older boys kept picking on you," I say, the memory replaying in my mind. "You told them to 'fuck off', or you'd tell your uncle who was one of the coaches," He laughed, and we both heard Logan laugh as well. "I remember that! They all looked frightened but went 'We're only stopping because we want to'," Logan joined in on the story. "And you both have been following me around ever since," I tease, earning a playful scoff from Oscar. "Nuh uh!" He exclaimed and I turned my head to look at him, only to be reminded again how close we stood as our noses brushed against each other.