9. - Trouble in Paradise

The moment we exit the luggage hall, I spot both my siblings waiting for me, and I don't remember any single thought going through my head. I just leave my luggage behind, and walk straight into both of their embraces, as we share a group hug. I didn't even notice the many fans or reporters who had showed up, I just completely let loose of the emotions I had done my best to just hold in until then. 

After a minute, we pull away and they both look behind me. I look back as well and wave over both of the boys who were waiting patiently a few feet behind, my luggage with them as well. "Guys, this is Max. Max, this is my sister Casey and my brother Dennis. And you both remember Oscar, yeah?" I speak, wiping the rest of my tears as they all greet each other, Max with a handshake and Oscar with a hug. 

"We're dropping you off at your place, right? Then we can go to Mom and Dad's tomorrow." My brother said, driving the car. Both the boys looked to me, as we sat in the backseat. "Yes, that's fine, we're all tired after a long day," I reply and feel a squeeze on my hand which was intertwined with Max's. Being the youngest sibling, I always had my siblings look after me, even after I had already become an adult. They were there through everything, we had always been very close, so being back in their presence was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I felt at home and at peace, even with the horrible circumstances, I knew that everything was going to be okay. I had all that I needed right there, in that car.

When we reached my apartment, Max grabbed my luggage as well as his own, followed by Oscar. "You sure you don't want me to get a hotel room?" Oscar asked for the millionth time since we left the airport. "I'm sure, Osc. I have a spare room, there's no need to waste money on that! I'm already asking enough of you to be here and not at your own place." I tell him, unlocking my door and letting in the boys. This was the first time I had any of them over at my place, since I had moved right after I stopped talking to Oscar. It was a very simple two-bedroom apartment, with not that much decoration, but pictures of friends and family all over the place. I always loved being home, but I rarely had enough time to see everyone, so I wanted to make sure to have everyone I love represented in some way. On one wall, I had one big board filled with small polaroids of friends. 

"Welcome! Please make yourselves feel at home okay? Whatever's mine is yours," I smile at both of them as I watch Oscar begin to explore while Max helps me put the luggage away. "Is that picture of us in F3?" Oscar asks from the other side of the room, looking at the big board. I make my way over to him, a smile immediately appearing at the sight of the picture. "It is," I chuckle, then pointing to another, "That's our first podium together," I say, looking back at him. "Did you have these up the whole time?" He asks, keeping a smile on his face, but I could tell there was a sense of remorse in his eyes. "Of course I did. Even if we won't be friends forever we'll always share those memories," I smile back at him, before noticing Max joining us on my other side to look at the board. 

"Where are my pictures, huh?" Max asked, a bit of sourness in his voice, so I took his hand and forced a smile. "Well, I haven't really been home since we started dating, now have I?" I tried not to sound sarcastic, but it was really hard as he always knew exactly how to push my buttons. Everyone became quiet after that, so I cleared my throat before walking out and into the kitchen to get some water.

"I'm sorry, Schat, I didn't mean to..." Max says, joining my side. "You never do, Max," I let out in a frustrated manner. "Yn... Please look at it from my perspective for once. He's everywhere on that wall, and he's here now, and after that night,-" I cut him off, "Here we go again! Please, if all you care to talk about right now, is to question whether or not you can trust me, I'd rather you leave me alone," I burst out and he lets out a scoff. I had tears in my eyes, but he was getting angry at this point, I could see it in his eyes. "You'd like that, wouldn't you?" His voice was stern, and I had only ever heard him speak to his team when he was really angry. He had never spoken to me like that, ever. And I hated that he did now.