The Rage

The huge mansion was grim and gory. Everyone working in that mansion was standing around in the hall witnessing the man of the mansion losing his cool. No one has ever seen him like this! Everyone was terrified of what to come. Some felt pity on their boss, some felt rage but everyone felt scared!

The flower decorations were all torn apart and the pieces of furniture were broken. The huge house looked like someone has cast a silent spell on it. The servants looked terrified to even come out to the hall to clean all the mess. The whispers and hushes of them were clearly audible and that terrified them more. 

“Sir, please!” Afsal, the mansion’s manager tried to stop Veer who was breaking all the costly furnitures and paintings in the hall. “You are hurting yourself!” Afsal told him unable to see the scratched and torn knuckles on his hands. “Nothing will happen to Rudran sir. He is going to be fine. Compose yourself, sir. He needs you more now!” Afsal, who was in his early fifties, tried to hold him back from breaking the belgium glass top table. 

Afsal’s pleas seemed to reach Veer and he calmed down. 

“Why, Afsal uncle? Why?” Veer asked him with red eyes. It was not anger. It was a mixed emotion of anger, helplessness, feeling of betrayal, and lost in the whirlwind of chaos. Afsal was taken aback by his call ‘uncle’. He would call him ‘Afsal’ in front of his workers. If he remembers right, its been ages since he called him ‘uncle’. He remembered seeing Veer crying his eyes out as a little boy asking him the same question years ago. It churned his heart to see Veer broken like this again.

“He will come back to you, Veer. I believe it. Let it all go. Concentrate on what should be done next to bring him back on his feet. Rudran sir is a fighter. He would not like you to be broken at times like this. He will come back for you. Everyone is watching.” Afsal tried to pull Veer back from the pit he was trying to push himself into.

Veer looked around the mansion to see atleast fifteen people hiding behind pillars and doors and watching him as he was making a mess out of control. He walked silently to the elevator and went to the second floor of the mansion to Rudran’s room. Afsal looked at the receding figure of Veer with painful eyes. He has been with Veer for more than twenty years! He knew him from when Veer was a small boy. He was so proud of the way Veer grew himself up. 

‘Rudran sir must get on his feet at least for the sake of Veer!’ He thought to himself but at the same time, he could not stop but to think of HER. Afsal had seen the visible changes in Veer after her arrival. He had seen him smile often times recently which is very rare. He could not take it that it was she who brought this misery to him. 

‘Why did she do this to him?’ there is no answer for his question because she is not here to answer him!

Ragunandhan and his wife Janaki were standing in the center of the hall, amidst the mess, but their eyes kept looking up the stairs. After what felt like an eternity, the doctor came down the stairs with a sad face. His sad face made them more horrified of what was to come next. Janaki nudged her husband to go ahead and talk to the doctor.

“Doctor! How is he? Is everything alright?” Ragunandhan asked the doctor, limping forward with his crutches.

“We have stabilized him for now. He needs a heart transplant right now. It is very risky to keep him like this for a long time. Who is to tell him that?” The doctor told him in a hushed voice.

“Oh, god. We are very scared and worried. Do we have to admit him to the hospital?” He asked as quietly as possible.

“Yes, Veer has asked to bring everything he would need along with a full-time nurse for the time being. He has to be hospitalized for the operation. I have to go now.” The doctor told Ragunandhan and left the place in a hurry because if he delays arranging the necessities on time, his life would be at risk and he is not ready to take that risk.