Give Her Time?

Thamizhini started working as Vishnu’s personal secretary from the next day. She was given a table and a laptop to carry out her work. She made up meetings for him, reminded him of his upcoming meetings, handled his phone calls for him and informed him of the details, directed important calls to him that has to be answered by him, and helped him with regular work. 

She was scared to be with him all alone in his room but he never bothered her with work other than her intended job. She has seen busy people. Her mom is an entrepreneur with an online shopping center where many small-scale businesses and cottage industry products made stalls for themselves and sold through that portal. She started it up to help women who start up their own businesses but quits because they could not reach many customers. Iniya’s portal helped them reach many customers. Her portal is similar to Amazon but women-centric. Her mom has always been busy on her laptop as far as she remembers. Her dad is also a businessman. He has his own small-scale plastic dye-ing industry and he works tirelessly from dawn to dusk. 

But being with Vishnu, she realized what a busy schedule really is. He kept talking with clients and mergers to grow his business. His days are filled with meetings. Every small detail in the hotel is been approved by him. Even the change of wallpaper and picture frames are brought to him with options and he chooses the best out of it. If he is not satisfied with anything that his team brings him, he gives them the idea of what he has in his mind and they rework it and it becomes his job after the second chance fails. The menus and new dishes are given to him first before serving them to the customers. The pieces of furniture and paintings kept changing every now and then to make the guests feel new and better. Everything happens under his supervision. 

The one thing that amazed her in him was his diligent working fashion. He never showed any tiredness ever in his working hours. He was active as a bee all day and never lose his charming smile with the clients. His fresh face and charming smile were tattooed on his face. She understood how this hotel receives so many awards and is in number one position in India. Thamizhini felt tired just by looking at him work all day.

“Mini, can you cancel the upcoming meeting? I have another important work now.” He asked her while his eyes were on his computer screen. 

“Sir, the next meeting is with the ‘Shiv Masala’ head about renewing their contract of supplying their products to our restaurant.”

“Are there any changes that they have suggested in the new contract?”

“Yes, sir, they have raised their prices by 7% from the last contract.” she told him looking at the mail the restaurant manager has sent her.

“What has our side said? Are there any flaws in their  products?”

“There have been no complaints so far, sir. They have been delivering products on time. Our manager says that their products are good but the 7% hike is too much.”

“Ask them to change the 7% to 4% and finalize the contract. If they don't abide, we shall give a chance to the next producer in the market.”

“Yes, sir.” She told him as she typed the content in the mail and sent it to the manager. Every day she spent with him, she fell more into him. His eyes never fell on her personally. He had never spoken of his proposal again. He didn't make her feel uncomfortable or embarrassed. But at the same time, he never ignored her presence. A little smile and a warm morning wish from him was her boost for the day. He always included her in all the meetings, in his business lunches, and even in his refreshment drinks. 

Being with him all day, she saw what a gentleman he is with women who tries to impress him all the time. Her love for him grew exponentially every passing day even when she knew that her love has no future and she hated him for being so good to her.