His First Meet

Vishnu Varman stayed by his brother’s side all night. He came from Bangalore to attend his brother’s wedding but was devastated to see his uncle in bed. Vishnu Varman is Veer’s younger brother. He is two years younger to Veer and an obedient boy to his brother. He takes care of the Bangalore branch of their business and Veer visits him occasionally to check on him. 

When Vishnu wanted to come to his brother’s wedding at least two days earlier, Veer strictly ordered him to come the day before. He was already on his way when he got the phone call about his uncle’s sudden health deterioration. When he entered the home, Ragunandhan limped his way to him. 

“Come in, Vishnu. How are you?” Janaki asked her son. It’s been ages since she had seen him.

“I am fine, ma. How are you? How are you, Pa?” He asked his parents for which they nodded weakly.

“What happened to uncle? Where is Anna (brother)?” He asked them.

“He is in his room. He has locked himself in there ever since the doctor left. We are so worried for him, Vishnu. Looks like Magizhini is missing also. I don't think the wedding will happen tomorrow.” Ragunandhan said very sadly. His grey hair, thin body, and lifeless eyes made him look much older than his actual age. Janaki looked pitiful in her age-old saree and with no jewelry whatsoever. As always, Vishnu felt pity for his parents but dared to question his brother for the ill-treatment of his mom and dad. 

“What? Magi is missing? Why did no one tell me this earlier?” He asked them as he walked in long strides to the elevator to go to his brother’s room. On the way, he called Thamizhini. Now, thinking back, she hasn't called him once today.

“Mini?” He called as soon as she picked up the call.

“Vishnu!” her voice came very hesitantly. 

“Where are you? Where is Magi? What is happening?”

“I… I don't know.” 

“Don't lie, Mini. You know you can't lie. Where is she?”

“She is missing. Your brother has killed so many people. Who knows? One of their loved ones may have come for revenge. I want my sister back safely, Vishnu.” She spoke angrily but he sensed a shiver in her voice that stood out beyond her anger. 

“Don't worry. Magi will be back safely. My brother will take care of it. And don't talk like that about him again, Mini. You don't know what he is doing.”

“Killing is killing. He is no saint. Can you tell me that your brother’s hands are as clean as yours?” she yelled as she hung up the call. 

Vishnu let out a huff before knocking on his brother’s door. 

“Come in!” Vishnu entered the room after he heard his brother.

“Veer Anna?”

“It is your wedding tomorrow. Inform Thamizhini and her parents about the change. The wedding will happen as planned.”

“But, Anna?”

“You both love each other, right?”

“Yes, but I cannot marry before you. That is not right. Uncle is not feeling well. Let's stop this wedding. Magi is in some kind of danger. We have to concentrate on finding her now.”

“Do you think I don't know what I am doing?”

“No, Anna, but…”

“No buts. Go and get ready for the wedding.” Veer said and Vishnu, who is trained to obey his words, nodded his head and walked out of the room defeated.