14.

The next few days passed in a blur, Jade stayed with Colby and Mariah, unable to face her own house.

They walked the street everyday looking for Hercules, but he wasn't found.

She printed out hundreds of "Lost Dog" signs. Everyone hanging them up on any lamp post they saw, hanging them in coffee shops and the library.

She and Mariah walked into any store that would allow them to hang one and hung one up.

After about 6 days, she decided she should probably go home, she bought all new locks and even some extra locks for the windows.

She went on Amazon and bought some self defence key chains and purchased some pepper spray.

She was absolutely terrified and he knew it. She was constantly scared of being alone.

She could barely even go in to work, Mariah picked her up every day and dropped her off. They went with her grocery shopping. And Sam... well Sam was still giving her the cold shoulder.

She had tried calling and texting, but never got any response.

She even went into his hardware store to get new locks and keys, but he 'went on a break' the second he saw her walk into the store. Needless to say, he didn't want to talk to her at all.

After the fourth day she gave up, she decided that if he was mad at her, he had every right to be.

She was sitting in her living room eating some Chinese food, ordering security cameras online when her phone rang.

She picked it up to see that it was a private number, she answered assuming it was the police.

(I'm gonna put C for Calista/Jade , and a J for Justin, so it doesn't get confusing by putting J and J)

C: Hello?

J: Hey baby, I miss you.

The voice over the phone made her blood run cold. She didn't know how he got her number.

C: What do you want?

J: Isn't it obvious? I want you.

C: Why can't you just leave me alone?

J: Because we're married. Do you know what that means?

Jade stayed silent, scared to death of the answer.

J: It means that you, belong to me. You can't leave me.

C: I don't want to be with you anymore.

J: Well I want to be with you. So good luck getting away from me. Just remember, I know where you are and I know who you hang out with. I even know about that little boy you pay too much attention too. I know everything. You can't just cut me out.

C: Just leave me alone!

She hung up the phone and started to cry. She knew just being here would put her in danger. It would put everyone in danger.

She thought about leaving. She couldn't be the reason more people got hurt.

She started to look up plane tickets, maybe if she left the country, she could get out.

She realized that he would follow her there as well. He would follow her everywhere. She cried even harder. Until she eventually cried herself to sleep.

**

On the other side of the town, Sam was sitting in his house. He reread the texts from Jade, he knew why she did what she did, but something in him was still hurting.

He didn't know that she was married, and that's what hurt.

He opened up to her about Angela, and yet she couldn't confide in him, about her life? He was hurt.

He got up to make himself something to eat.

He stood in the kitchen when he saw what looked like something in his backyard moving around. Unsure of what it was, he decided to go check.

He walked to the back door and opened it "Hello! Is anyone back there?!"

He heard a rustling and looked around in the dark.

"Hey! Come out!" Sam took a few steps down off his back porch to look around.

He thought maybe it was an animal, he walked over to shed and couldn't see anything.

After looking around, and finding nothing and turned to walk back into the house.

*SMACK*

**

The next day Jade walked out of the house and waited for Mariah to pick her up for her shift.

A few minutes later Mariah showed up and the two drove to work and did their shift as they normally did.

"Any word on Hercules?" Mariah asked as the two organized all the returned books.

"No, I've called every local shelter and nobody's seen him. Nobody has called to say they've seen him either, I just hope he's okay" Jade said sadly.

"Me too, I'm sure we'll find him sooner or later?" Mariah said grabbing her hand.

"Yeah, I just miss him" she said sadly.

"I know you do" Mariah hugged the girl tightly before letting go.

They finished their shift and had planned on going grocery shopping.

The two drive over to the grocer and headed inside.

They shopped around grabbing all their groceries before heading to the cash and checking out.

The two got into the car when Mariah's phone rang.

M: hey baby, what's up?

C: hey, can you do me a favour?

M: Im just about to leave the store, but sure, depending on what it is?

C: I can't leave work yet, but I haven't heard from Sam since yesterday, and Nick called me and said that he didn't show up to work today?

M: oh, that's not like him.

C: Yeah, can you just stop by and check on him?

M: yeah, I'll go stop by and see if he's home, I'm at the store a few mins from his house.

C: okay thanks, he was kinda off when I talked to him yesterday morning. And I just haven't been able to reach him all day.

M: yeah, I'll try giving him a call and go check in on him.

C: alright, thanks. Love you.

M: love you most.

Mariah hung up the phone and turned to look at Jade.

Jade felt her heart quicken and she knew something was seriously wrong.

And she knew Mariah felt it too.

______________________________

ANTICIPATIONNNNNNNN!!!