5.

Jade spent all evening scrubbing and defleaing the puppy until he was spotless.

The next morning she had to go to work, and decided to keep the puppy in her room for the day, she didn't want him getting into anything until she could properly puppy proof it.

She gave him food, water and a small pee pad, before heading off to work.

She got to work and was immediately met by Mariah.

"Hey buddy" she smiled an almost evil looking smile.

"Hi Mariah" Jade said walking into the back room to take off her coat.

"Soooooo" Mariah asked in the doorway.

"So what?" Jade looked back over at her.

"So anything fun this weekend" she asked suggestively.

"Actually yes, I met a very hairy, and adorable boy" she smiled.

"I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, I got a dog" Jade laughed knowing exactly what Mariah was asking about.

"Okay, uh random but okay? What about Sam?! How'd that go? Was he nice? I bet he was really nice. Actually I know he was nice" Mariah rambled on.

"He was very nice, he helped me cover up my broken window with a branch in it, which by the way Mrs, landlord, I need a new window" Jade chuckled.

"Ya I know Colby ordered it, but tell me about your morning with Sam"

"It was alright, he's super sweet. We had some breakfast and then he had to go" Jade shrugged.

"Ugh he fumbled"

"Mariah!" Jade laughed.

The two spent the rest of the day gossiping and working at the same time.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, we're having a Bbq at our place this weekend, you should come! It's gonna be a bunch of our friends and some family. Bring your new dog, I'm sure he'll get along great with my dog. It's on Friday at 3pm, but you can come whenever" Mariah smiled.

"Actually ya that sounds awesome, I need to meet some new people. What should I bring?" Jade laughed.

"Perfect, if you want to bring anything, bring desserts. Apparently out of everyone I know, not one of them knows how to make deserts. It's insane" Mariah said grabbing a stack of books.

"Luckily for you, I love baking deserts" Jade smiled and grabbed the rest of the books.

**

After work Jade went home to see her puppy.

She expected a big mess on the floors or beds or something but she walked into a quiet peaceful sleeping puppy. Nothing was disturbed or destroyed.

She brushed it off took the puppy out to pee in the backyard and then headed into the kitchen to start planning out what she'd bring to the bbq.

She texted Mariah and asked how many people were going to be there.

She said around 25-30. That should be fine.

Her plan was cupcakes, cake pops, cookies and some brownies as well.

She debating if she was going overboard a bit but decided she just didn't care.

Jade looked at the clock and it was already 8:30, she decided to eat something and then take a shower before bed.

After doing that, she plopped into bed and her puppy followed.