23.

Calista finally took the opportunity to look at him.

He looked the same, but something was different. He looked almost sick. His eyes had dark bags beneath them. His hair looked dull and flat. His lips were chapped.

"Don't let them do this to me C, please. I love you. You know I would never do anything to your friends" Justin pleaded with her as they dragged him toward the holding cells "baby, please come on. I love you so much, please"

Her eyes couldn't leave him, the pit in her stomach still growing with anger and hatred, she didn't know what came over her but she knew that it was now or never.

"Hey Justin!" She shouted getting his attention back on her.

"Yes, baby yes" he said hopeful that she was going to help him.

"I want a divorce" she said before turning and walking into the office of the police chief with her head held high.she prayed he couldn't see her shaking hands or sweaty palms.

Walking away meant she couldn't see his face but she could hear his pleads and cries for her to reconsider.

After a few minutes the chief and everyone else came back into the room, sitting beside her or standing in the room.

Everyone laid out their evidence for him to prove everything. From texts to photographs, even including the small cameras they found around Mariah and Colby's home.

"There is more, we hired a private investigator as well but he won't be able to be here until tomorrow" Sam explained.

"And Calista right? You are still married to him?" Chief Banner asked.

"Yes, he was physically abusive and I feared for my life, so I left, I came here and then he followed me" she said.

"And not to sound like I don't believe you, because with the rest of this evidence, I do. Guy sounds like a real dick. But do you have any proof of this?" He asked.

"Yes, my best friend Jessica back home. She was left with a few pictures and texts, it was never enough for the police but I told her to keep them safe, and only release them if Justin found and did something to me" Calista explained, trying to hold herself together at the thought.

"Okay, can you get your hands on that?" Banner asked.

"I think so" she nodded.

"Perfect, we can compile any evidence we have and then we can start a case, show that this violence is not new and is in fact a pattern. It'll help carry a heavier sentence" he explained.

"Okay, so what do we do now?" Sam asked.

"You go home. Go see your family. I'm sure that they missed you, boy" the man smiled before standing up and ushering them out of the building.

They all stood beside Colby's truck in silence.

"See my family? What am I gonna say to them?" Sam sighed while running a hand through his hair.

"It'll be okay Sammy. I'm sure she'll be so shocked that she won't let you get a word in anyways" Colby smiled.

"God, not to sound like a kid, but a hug from my mom.. I don't think I could think of anything better" Sam chuckled.