3.

Mariah got excited as the two got out of her pickup truck, she grabbed a few reusable bags handing a few to Jade "here, take these, it'll be easier to carry things.

"Ohh i definitely should've brought some" Jade smiled putting the reusable bags inside one.

"Usually if my bags get too heavy, I come back and stick it in the truck so I can keep walking around" Mariah laughed.

"You're a genius" Jade laughed.

"I always try and make sure pay day lines up with this weekend so I can get anything I need for nice and cheap" Mariah laughed as the two started walking through the neighbourhood.

The two spent a few hours walking up and down the streets, buying some cute stuff, clothes, purses, dishes and glassware.

They were on a street when they saw a lovely dark red love seat and couch for $250.

"Oh Mariah! Check out the price of this couch?" Jade said putting her hand on it to see if it's comfortable or not.

"Woah, that's awesome. I think we can fit it in the truck? There's definitely enough room in there, if we get Colby to meet us and use his pickup too" Mariah said "excuse me!"

Jade watched as the man came over to them with a big smile "Mariah! Good to see you, how's Colby?"

"He's doing well Carson. Thank you for asking" she smiled.

Jade had heard about Colby, he was Mariah's husband. They had been together since they were 14 and got married 6 years ago.

"We're actually looking at the couch" Mariah smiled and pointed towards me.

"Oh Hello, good to meet you. I'm Carson Carter" the man stuck his hand out and Jade obviously shook it with a smile.

"Hi, I'm Jade"

"Well if you want this couch, I'll give it to ya for $200. I've known Mariah since we were kids, consider it a friends and family discount" he laughed

"Really? Oh my god thank you so much" Jade smiled and pulled out her wallet.

She counted her cash and handed it over to the man.

"Perfect, I'll stick a 'SOLD' sticker on it and you can pick it up whenever your done shopping" he smiled before walking back to his table.

"Perfect, I'll just call Colby when we're ready and I'm sure he will help us get it in the truck" Mariah thought out loud.

"Awesome, thanks again for bringing me. It feels good to have a friend" Jade smiled.

"It does, doesn't it?" Mariah said back.

The two shopped for about another hour finding a small lamp, a carpet and even a patio set before Mariah called Colby.

They made their way to the truck before driving to the street where the couch was.

The two chatted for a bit before two men pulled up in a similar pickup in front of them.

Mariah got out and gestured for Jade to do the same.

Jade watched as a dark haired man stepped out of the drivers seat and another man with blonde hair stepped out of the passenger side.

She walked over to where Mariah was standing and looked over toward the men heading toward her.

"Hey baby" the dark headed man said to Mariah, before placing a kiss on her head, confirming that he was Colby.

The two had a small conversation before Mariah introduced them.

"Boys this is Jade, Jade this is my husband Colby and his best friend Sam"

"Hi, it's awesome to meet you, Mariah talks about you all the time" she shakes Colby's hand before looking over at Sam who smiled at her.

"Sam" he smiled.

"Jade" she smiled back.

She shook his hand as well before Mariah interrupted.

"Okay, so we're gonna put that red couch into the trucks, we're gonna go get a patio set from down the street and then drive it down to the rental property on Lake Avenue, you guys can follow behind and then help us load it into the house?" she explained and then smiled big at the two boys.

She listened but was mostly just staring at Sam. His eyes sparkled and his smile was so soft and warm. His hair fell perfectly on forehead. He was so beautiful.

"Sounds good" Colby said before the two boys grabbed the couch and loaded it into the trucks.

The group headed off to Jade's house.

**

After getting the couch into the house, the group decided to hang out at the house for a bit.

"So, where'd you move here from Jade?" Colby asked as they all sat on the patio set having a a glass of wine or beer for the boys.

Jade already knew what do say as she had been playing out her fake back story in her head for a few weeks.

"Oh Michigan, I was living with my mom until she passed away in January. So I decided I needed a fresh start" she explained, which was partly true.

Her parents were dead, or at least that's as much as she knew, they stopped talking to her after she married Justin. The last she heard Justin looked into them and found out they had both passed away.

"Oh that's so devastating" Mariah said grabbing Jades hand.

"No no it's okay" she smiled solemnly.

"So how long were you planning on staying?" Sam spoke for the first time all evening.

"I don't know, probably a while though. I've always had a thing for small towns" she smiled at him, taking another sip of her glass.

"Well that's good news for me, not many people wanna work in a library" Mariah laughed.

"How long have you all lived here?" Jade asked the group.

"Well I moved here with my parents when I was 6, but the boys were born and raised here" Mariah smiled.

"So you've been friends for a long time?" Jade asked.

"Oh yeah definitely" Colby answered this time.

"You'll find it a lot easier to make friends here, than it is in the big cities" Sam said with a small smile.

"That's good, cause I definitely need some of those" Jade chuckled.

The group laughed and all enjoyed each other's company before Jade offered to order pizza.

They enjoyed it before heading their own ways.

"Hey" Sam said before heading out.

"Yeah?" she said back.

"I know you don't know me all that well, but if you ever find yourself needing someone to hang out with, you can give me a call" he smiled.

"Sure, I'd like that" she smiled back and handed him a pen and a random paper that was sitting on the countertop.

Sam wrote down his number before heading out the door.

She smiled down at it knowing that she had already made friends in this town.

__________________________

FINALLY SOME SAMMMMMM!!