9.

The next few days Jade was plagued with questions about Sam's ex fiancee. She didn't want to pry into his life but she couldn't handle the not knowing.

Everyone at the girls night had said she died suddenly, but what did that mean? It's as if her curiosity overtook her and Jade had started to spiral.

She decided that instead of asking anyone else, especially Sam, she would try and look it up on google, it's a small town, it shouldn't be hard.

She scrolled through a few news articles before finding a familiar sounding news source, she took a breath before clicking on the article and reading it.

'The town of Sedona was rocked today when police were called to the scene of a singular vehicle crash. The car of 24 year old, Angela Levison, was found early in the morning after the late night storm on March 10th.  

Reports say that the 24 year old woman skidded on the road and spun out, hitting a large tree head on.

She was rushed to the hospital with life threatening injuries but sadly died before reaching the hospital.

Angela was a pillar of the community who worked alongside several churches, boys and girls groups and volunteered at many shelters with other members of her family.

A funeral will be held in the Centretown Church for friends and family on the 13th of March.

Jade wiped a few tears from her face after reading the article, she scrolled further down and saw a picture of Angela's Obituary.

She spent a few minutes rereading the article before ultimately closing it out and closing down her laptop

She sat in silence for a few minutes still wiping tears from her eyes.

She decided to take Hercules out on a walk to try and take her mind off of everything.

After getting dressed in some comfortable clothes, grabbing her bag and leashing Hercules, she headed out the front door to the large park not to far from her house.

She started her walk down the street and made her way to the field, there she unclipped Hercules and pulled out a new container of tennis balls from inside of her bag.

She played fetch for a few minutes before Hercules ran past her without dropping the ball.

She turned to see where he was running before noticing Sam, Mariah and Colby all walking toward the field with Mariah's dog.

"Hey stranger" Mariah smiled.

"Hey to you" Jade laughed before hugging her friend "Hey Sam, Hey Colby" she said after letting go of Mariah.

"Hey" both boys said at the same time.

"What're you guys doing here?" Jade smiled.

"Oh we've been coming to this park for ages, it's the quietest field without a bunch of other dogs" Colby said throwing the tennis ball for the two dogs standing at his feet.

"Oh well that makes sense" she chuckled and grabbed her bag off the ground.

Mariah and Colby made their way over to a bench while Sam and Jade stayed standing tossing the ball for the dogs every few minutes when they brought it back.

"So How's it going, Sammy?" Jade asked.

"Oh ya know? Just working and more working" he chuckled.

"I feel that" she laughed.

"Yeah, works been kicking my ass lately, leave had so many shipments coming in for fall. We're supposed to get a bunch of Halloween and Christmas stuff within the next month" he explained.

"Sammy, It's only August? Why would they send you Christmas stuff?" She chuckled "Halloween? Ya I get, I'd decorate for Halloween all year round. But Christmas? No way"

"I don't know Christmas is one  of my favourite holidays" Sam smiled.

"Oh it's a great holiday! But do you want a giant ass Christmas tree in your living room 24/7?" Jade raised an eyebrow.

"Well now that is a great point" Sam said and the two laughed.

"so about that date?" Jade said looking up at him.

"Oh uh, You don't have to go if you don't want, I didn't wanna make you uncomfortable or anything. I just-"

"Sam it's fine, I was gonna ask if you had plans tonight?" She chuckled interrupting his rambling.

"Oh really? I have nothing to do. I can pick you up at 7, I know this great Italian place in town" Sam said with a big smile.

"Sounds perfect, I'll be ready" she said "I should probably get going though, I actually need to do a fuck ton of grocery shopping"

"Oh, that sounds like a blast" Sam chuckled.

"Aha, of course" Jade smiled before waving over to Mariah and Colby "I'll see you guys later! I gotta go!"

The two waved back at her and shouted a bye.

"Come on Hercules! I'll see you at 7?" She said to Sam before leashing her dog and starting her walk home.

**

A few hours passed and she had finished her grocery shopping and was now getting ready.

She picked up a few small makeup items from the small shop around the block from her house earlier that day and did a nice soft look.

She put her hair in a half up half down style and searched through her stuff, she finally settled on a long sleeve black body-con dress and her small black heels.

She then sat by the door and waited for Sam to get there.

She waited for a few minutes.

30 mins.

1 hour.

2 hours.

3 hours.

By this point she had thrown her hair into a bun and kicked off her heels.

Hercules sat beside her with his head resting on her lap.

She tried his phone again. Nothing.

She stood up from the couch, locked her front door, turned off all the lights and headed upstairs.

She slid out of her dress and into some pyjamas.

She unlocked her phone after lying in bed and saw the 6 unanswered phone calls and 10 unanswered texts to Sam.

"Why am I so stupid?" She said to the dog beside her.

He stared a her for a minute before cuddling up to her close and falling asleep.

Jade spent the next half hour staring at the ceiling wondering why he didn't show up.

_________________________

OH NO SAM!!

ALSO IM SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!