21.

After getting home Jade packed herself a backpack filled with clothes and things she would need.

She grabbed Hercules and his bag of dog food before walking out of her door.

Afterwards she dropped by the neighbours house.

She explained to her that she needed to go away for a while but not to worry. She thanked her for watching over Hercules.

The woman hugged her tightly and told her to be as careful as she could. She prayed that she would come back to her one day.

Jade said her final goodbye to the woman and headed out the door.

Jade knew that in order to get everything for Sam that, she needed a car, so she went back to Mariah and Colby's and asked to borrow theirs.

Of course they hesitated but she still handed the girl over the keys to their pickup.

**

She was running around town buying all kinds of things for Sam, as she had no idea how long this whole thing would take.

She stopped by a few men's stores and bought Sam some clean clothing.

She stopped by the CVS and grabbed him some toiletries.

And then finally she stopped by the grocery store and grabbed him all kinds of easy to make meals, foods and drinks. Half of the truck bed was filled by the time she arrived back at Mariah and Colby's house.

It was 3:45 when she got back to the house.

The couple was standing on the doorstep with their bags.

"Alright, let's go" she shouted.

They tossed their bags into the back of the truck and got inside.

"Are you gonna tell us where we're going?" Mariah asked.

"No, just be patient" Jade continued to drive making sudden turns every now and then to make sure she wasn't followed.

After about 35 mins of driving they arrived into the now dark forestry.

She pulled into a drive way and pulled up to a dimly lit cottage.

"Are you gonna kill us?" Colby laughed nervously.

"Yeah Colby, that's what I'm gonna do" Jade laughed before getting up and grabbing as many bags as possible and walking up to the front door.

Colby, Mariah and Hercules following closely behind her.

She knocked on the door and waited for it to open

"Seriously what're we doing here?" Mariah asked getting nervous.

"Just wait for it" Jade had a smile on her face.

Colby just watched as the door opened and Sam's face came into view.

"Hey Buddy" Sam smiled with tears forming in his eyes.

Colby dropped everything in his hands before throwing himself into the arms of his best friend.

His cries became louder as he realized that Sam was really here. This wasn't a dream. His best friend was alive.