8.

Jade spent the next few hours setting up her new laptop.

She finally finished setting everything up before sitting down on the couch.

As she got comfortable on the couch she heard the knocking on her front door, her dog barked a few times.

As she stood up she heard the knock again.

"I'm coming!" She shouted to the door.

She finally made it to the door and opened it up.

"Hey girl!" Mariah said as she walked into the house with a big bag in hands.

"Sure Mar, just come on in" Jade chuckled as she closed the door.

"Thanks, so I'm thinking of doing a girls night" Mariah said sitting down on the couch.

"Okay, when?" Jade said sitting down beside her, Hercules laying beside her on the floor.

"Tonight?" She said skeptically.

"What do you mean tonight? It is tonight" she laughed.

"Yeah, I told Claire, Tara and Kimmy we would do it here" Mariah said with a laugh "please please please, Colby has all the boys over to watch some dumb sports game and I don't wanna goooo" she begged.

"Fineeee" Jade laughed and flopped her head back against the couch "but your cleaning up tomorrow"

"I can live with that" Mariah laughed.

"And I'm inviting a friend I made today" Jade said getting up to find her phone.

"Who is it?" Mariah asked.

"Mackenzie. She works at the pawn shop on saltwick avenue?" Jade said pulling out her phone.

"Oh I think I've met her before" Mariah said in trying to remember who she was.

Jade sends Mackenzie a text with her address inviting her to the party.

**

A little bit later the girls head out to the liquor store to get coolers for the night and also to pick up some take out Chinese food.

They head into the liquor store, and start wandering around.

"What do we think we should get?" Jade asks looking at all the different bottles.

Mariah starts naming a few different brands and drinks.

"Oh these look good" Jade says picking up a 6 pack of wine coolers, she turns to show Mariah but is confused when Mariah isn't near her anymore.

She sticks the coolers in the cart and continues walking around the large store for Mariah.

"What're you shopping for?" A familiar voice behind her says.

"Well if you much know Sam, your best friend has interrupted my best friends girls night and she is now hosting it at my house, so naturally, I'm getting alcohol" she turns to see Sam.

When she turns she sees him standing there holding two cases of beer, she notices the way his t-shirt sleeves hug around his muscular arms.

"Oh that sounds way better than a stinky game" Sam chuckles causing Jade to smile.

"Oh well I'd invite you but unfortunately we're fully booked up" Jade smiled.

"Dang, that's just harsh" Sam smiled.

"Well I should probably find Mariah before she tries to buy the whole store" Jade laughed "it's was nice to see you though, I'll text you later?"

"I'll look forward to it" Sam said with a smile.