6. Intoxicating

(Picture of Zine)

Run. It was the only word echoing over and over in my mind. And yet, my feet suddenly felt like boulders, unable to move them I stood still. My heart beating rapidly in my chest. My stomach threatening to throw up as bile began to rise.
" I do believe we have met once before, but that was quite a while ago while you were still young. I'm alpha Liam of the Blue Waters pack." My father held out his hand and I watched intently as Zines own large one gripped it tightly.
"It is a privilege to meet you all. I am very happy you guys were able to make it today. I am very happy to see that my dear cousin has found her mate."
"I agree with you. I am very happy that my son was able to find her today, please excuse me. This is my beta, Xavier." My father introduced.
Xavier held out his own hand which once again Zine took both.
"I would introduce you to my youngest son but he's running around here somewhere." My father laughed.
"But this here." He started. Please don't. Don't do it.
"This here is my darling daughter Aria." There it was. I wasn't prepared for it as Zine turned his eyes towards my own. I felt my breathe catch in my chest as his blue eyes stared upon me. His scent so intoxicating that everything was too much to handle.
"Aria." Zine said almost as if wanting to just taste my name on his tongue. The way he said my name made a flutter in my stomach.
I let a small smile find its way to my lips. Lifting up the edges of my dress I tilted myself downwards, bowing for just a quick moment.
"Hello, it is very nice to meet you Alpha Zine." I spoke. His eyes never once leaving mine. For a moment, just a moment everyone was silent.
Someone let out a cough and as I looked up, I realized it was Alice.
" My apologies." Zine stated, his eyes finally leaving my own and once again I was able to breathe.
"Let me introduce everyone, this here is beta William who you guys should have met already. This here is my pack head warrior, Leo."
Leo was a large man, tanned skin with large brown eyes and sun kissed brown hair. It didn't take me long to realize most men from the red mountains pack were larger than an average male.
"And this here, is Alpha Jax from the black moon pack."
Alpha Jax's attention quickly turned towards me.
" Aria and I already had the privilege of meeting each other earlier." A large smile spread across his face as my stomach began to once again twist in disgust. With a quick glance I noticed Zines eyes darting between Jax and I.
"Oh, that's great news. Did my beautiful daughter catch your eye?" My father winked. I couldn't help it as my face began to turn red.
"Dad!" I scolded. Jax let out a deep laugh.
"That it did. She definitely caught my attention."
"Well, I do recommend that you to have a dance together later tonight."
I couldn't look Zine in his eyes instead, I watched his hands as they began to ball into fists at his side.
Today was not going well. Kill me.