19. For her Ill do anything

As I walked behind the large mountainous man, my eyes stayed glued to our hands. His own completely swallowing mine, hiding it from sight. And for the first time in a long time. The thought brought me a kind of peace as I imagined his own body doing the same, completely hiding me.
"This is the place." His deep voice said as we near the entrance. He dropped my hand as we stepped inside, and were met with large glass cases lining the place. Employees smiled and greeted us as I followed Zine as he walked around peering through all the shiny glass. Rings, necklaces, bracelets, and more lined every case. They varied from diamonds, crystals, gold, silver, and more.

As I glanced at every little piece, something caught the corner of my eye. Immediately regretting it, I dropped Zine's hand as I walked over to the gleaming case. Layed beautifully inside was a silver bracelet. The edges lined in diamonds shined brightly as the fluorescent light caught them. Perfectly rounded in the middle sat a silver tree. The tips of the tree lined in beauty. It instantly brought me to a memory.

My ears rung, as he panted over and over again. The pain in my body no longer existed as I was entirely numb. The only thing I could see were the large old oak trees. Their branches swayed heavily in the fall air. The leaves twisting and curving as some of them dropped. The nighttime wind pushing them.

But then I was gone.

I lay my head upon my mother's lap as we sat in an open field in the forest. The summer sun proudly shining high as it warmed the area.

"Can you hear that?" My mother said quietly as she put her hand to her ear, cupping it.

"If you listen closely, you can hear the songs of the birds. They sing their sweet voices to each to their loved one's high in the trees." She reached her arm up and stretched higher and higher as if trying to touch the tips of the trees herself.
Quieting my mind, I listened closely. The summer air brought the smell of sweet grass through my nose as high-pitched birds sung from their nests in the tree.
"I hear it, mom." I smiled brightly. Wrapping her arms around me, she kissed the top of my head.
"Same goes for us, Aria. At any time, just listen closely, and you will be able to hear me."

" Can I help you with anything?" The lady standing behind the counter asked. Wearing black slacks, a silk black button up with her long brown hair braided back, she looked graceful as she offered me a smile.
"How much is this bracelet?" I asked, staring at the beauty.
"3,000 ma'm."
My jaw nearly dropped at the price.
"Would you like to get it today? I can wrap it up for you." She politely smiled again.
Giving a light smile myself, I waved her away.
"No, thank you, not today. Thank you so much for the help." Giving the beautiful bracelet one last look my made my way over to Zine, who stood at the end of the aisle staring into a glass case of necklaces. Once I neared, he looked up and focused his blue eyes on me.
"Ready to go?" He asked. I gave a slight nod.
I followed him out of the beautiful boutique and back into the jammed packed mall of humans.
"Crap." Zine mumbled. Looking over, I noticed him running his hands over his pockets.
"I must have forgotten something inside. Will you stay here for a moment till I get back?" He asked, sending a glance my way. Without looking in his eyes, I gave another quiet nod. Turning, he made his way back into the boutique as I fumbled with my fingers in front of me.

Zines pov;

Walking back into the boutique, I walked over to the case Aria was standing at.
"Can I help you with something?" The woman asked. She had to look upwards to speak to me.
"Yes, there was a woman just in here looking at an object in this case." I asked.
"Oh yes! She was looking at this bracelet right here." The woman preceeded to direct me towards a gleaming silver bracelet. The tree in the center immediately caught my attention. The beauty of it reminded me of Aria.
"I'll take it, wrap it, please. There's no need to bag it. It's a secret." I winked at her as I began taking out my wallet from my jeans. The woman had a stunned look for a moment.
"Sir, this item is 3,000." I raised my eyebrow at her.
"Money is no issue." I replied as I handed her my card. With a large smile on her face, she began to wrap the bracelet.
"What a lucky girl." She said.
Money was not an issue. My pack did very well between our farming, trading, and construction businesses. And because of that, I would spend all the money in the world on her.
As I started to fantasize about how the bracelet would look on air, I suddenly felt a deep pit in my stomach.
What the hell. My wolf began to tense up.
And like a whip lash, the feeling of being petrified rushed into my mind.

That's not us. My wolf stated.

Immediately, my eyes flickered to the large doors of the boutique.

MATE