29. Letting Him In

It took everything in me not to completely fall over due to my swirling mind as Zine and I swayed back and forth. I was pretty sure if he took his hands off me that I would.

My stomach had managed to make its way into my esophagus. Daring to spew up anything at any given moment. 

" I don't know why you would take so many drinks from him." Zine scoffed. I felt myself begin to heat up. 

"Who exactly do you think you are? You don't get to make comments about what I'm doing or with whom, especially when you're letting yourself be fanned over by a group of unmated women." 

I watched as a smirk grew upon his face.

" Was that jealousy I just heard?" He chuckled. I felt a warmth swarm my face as I looked away for a moment. 

" I'm not jealous." I snapped. Making the smirk on his face grow even wider. 

"If you want Tiffany from the high moon pack, then just do it. She seems to want you so badly."  I muttered barely just above a whisper before snapping back towards him.

" Besides, if anyone's jealous it must be you. You're the one trying to tell me what to do and with whom." I barely just snarled. I watched as the smirk slowly started to fall off his face. He leaned his face down closer towards my ear. His hand moving up towards the middle of my back as he used it to push us closer together. My drunkenness state worsened as his overpowering scent began to wrap around my throat, choking me. 

" I don't want Tiffany." He whispered. his breathe on my ear sending shivers throughout my body.

"And besides, what if I was jealous?" 

He straightened up, once again looking me in the eyes. 

"You, jealous? Not something I expect from the monster that rules over the red mountains." I scoffed. 

He gripped my waist as he began circling me to the beat of the music, his hot breath once again on my neck as he passed behind me, it was enough to make my entire body shiver.

"I thought someone like you wouldn't listen to old bedtime stories." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dances ended as the full moon reached its peak upon the night sky. The stars shined brightly dancing across the vast darkness. 

Vince reached his hand out towards Alice, and she happily gripped it as everyone watched them make their way into the forest signifying the start of the pack run where the happy couple would be leading with the alpha. A tradition passed down for centuries. Excitedly, groups of people followed ready to unleash themselves.

"Let's go." Zine spoke as he reached down gripping my hand.  He started to make his way towards the forest, dragging me behind by the hand. I stumbled as I walked through fallen branches and sticks. 

Irritated, I leaned one hand against a large tree as I leaned down and unstrapped my heels taking them off.

"Hurry." He called behind him. Grumbling, I pushed the pair into one hand as I lifted my dress with the other and once again began fumbling in the dark behind him cursing at myself for the drinks as they were now catching up to me.

 " Where are we even going?" I said while pushing away the branches that were in my way.

Stepping into view I was finally able to see where he brought me. The once muddy floor was now full of spring grass and wildflowers. The dead tress now stood tall with green leaves. The large oak that stood in the center of the clearing was no longer still as the night breeze flowed through it making everything rustle. My chest dropped into my stomach as my knees began to shake. With tears welling in my eyes, I looked over at Zine who stood tall, with his arms crossed over his chest. With a knot in my throat, I spoke.

"Who told you?"

Zine's Pov:

Her words were the only sound besides the rustling of trees. The air felt so heavy and suffocating suddenly. I looked at her buckling legs before I cleared my own throat.

"Nobody has told me anything." Uncrossing my arms I walked over to her. Peering down at her I saw her watery eyes making my stomach twist.

"Aria, tell me what happened that night." I said gently. Everything in me wanting to reach out and grab her.  She looked away from me and at the ground. The sound of her sniffling as clear as day. My hands once again turned into fists.

"Aria, what happened here." I said again through gritted teeth. She shook her head, the sounds of her cries beginning to grow louder. 

Reaching out I gripped her face turning it towards me and watched as large tears ran down her face. 

"I c-can't. I can't d-o it." She sobbed through her tears. Something was stopping her. Her legs let go as she fell to her knees on the natures floor. The sounds of a hurt animal escaping her lips.

I got down and once again gripped her face. Once again leaning my own forehead against hers and for a moment I stayed silent as the shocks of touching her ran through my body making me feel as if I was on fire.

"Let me in Aria. Let me see." I finally found myself whispering against her. Everything stood still for a moment, just a moment.

"Ok."

Aria's Pov;

With his breathe hot on my face I tilted my neck to the side for him. My whole body trembled. I reached up my shaky hands and gripped his shoulders as he neared me. He stood still for a moment.

As I closed my eyes, I saw his fangs protrude from his mouth. He bit deep into my shoulder making me cry out in pain as a fire spread through me. In my mind I saw a large brown brick wall surrounded by darkness. Going up to the wall I began to hit it over and over ignoring the pain in my body as I did so. I heard the sound of clashing bricks as they fell. As the wall broke down Zine stood on the opposite side. He reached his hand out and I slowly took it and pulled his over the last of the wall that remained. There was no turning back now. I was letting him in.