27. Wedding ceremony

Getting up from the couch where I had just finished a movie with Andrew and his buddies, I decided to take another walk as I stretched my sleeping body.
Walking back outside, I was shocked as it seemed that even more people had arrived.
Exactly who did my father invite to this ceremony?
People were talking and catching up while others were running around preparing for tomorrow's events. Walking around the side of the house, I watched as people hung lights, and others brought benches of wood out. Ladies ran around with blue and white flowers as the decorated multiple areas of the yard.
Closing my eyes, I took a deep breathe hoping to catch their sweet smell, but instead, the smell of oak found it's way to me immediately, making my eyes open back up. He's nearby. I began to scan the area.
My eyes fell on his large physique as he talked to a group of girls and flustered themselves around him. I felt my stomach begin to drop into a pit.
As the girls began to dismiss, my legs began their way towards him. Once standing behind him, I thought for a moment before opening my mouth.
"Do you wanna be my escort to the ceremony tomorrow?" I blurted. In a moment, Zine looked down towards me. He glared at me, making my breath catch in my throat.
"Why don't you have one of your other men you're so fond of take you."He spat towards me. Without another word, he turned and walked away from me, leaving me there completely stunned.
What the fuck just happened?

-------------------------------------------------

I layed in bed the next morning listening to the running of feet around the packhouse. Today was the day.
I groaned and pulled the cover completely over my head wishing everything would just go away.
Closing my eyes I payed attention to my breathing. In and out. In and out trying desperately to put myself back to sleep. A knock on the door intrupted me.
"Aria?" My father called making me sink further into my bed.
"Are you awake?"
Groaning I sat up.
"Come in." I replied.
The metal knob twisted before fully opening. Without any sesentation, he walked in. I took a moment to look around my room before coming to settle on my bed next to me.
"Why aren't you up getting ready? You know it's a big day for your brother." His eyes stared into me, making me look away.
"I know, dad. I'm just not feeling too well." He was silent for a moment.
"Aria." He sighed.
" I know today must be hard. Hell, it's hard for me. Your mother was the last Luna of the pack, and that's pretty big shoes to fill." My heart squeezed at the mntion of her, making my chest ache unbearably.
He reached out and began rubbing my shoulder. It took everything in me not to back away from his touch.
"And as much as I miss her every day, your brother means a lot to me also. Ans so does his happiness. And if that means that I have to stay strong for today, then that is what I'm going to do. Do you understand?" I nodded my head.
"Yes, dad, I understand."
"Good." He said quickly, standing up.
"I think you baby girl have a wedding to get ready for."
-------------------------------------------------

I stood in front next to Alice as everyone outside began to sit and settle down. With my heart racing I picked at the front of the dress trying to make it cover more of my cleavage.
As the sister to the groom I had to walk before Alice during the ceremony and walk her into our pack. Meaning, thousands of eyes raking me over. And on top of it I had to wear this huge blue dress. I mean, I know blue signifies our pack but I would be way more at ease if I just wore something more like a trash bag.
I heard everyone outside begin to silence.
Alice reached out, pressing her hand on my arm, giving a light squeeze, making me even more tense than before.
"I'm so nervous." She whispered.
You and me both, I thought. I watched as she bounced around on her feet.
"Alice, it's alright." I found myself saying.
"Vince loves you, and you love Vince. Don't be nervous. Remember, this is about you two. Nobody else." She took a deep breath before smiling at me.
"Thank you, Aria. That really helped."
I gave her a nod.
The music outside began playing signaling it was our time. Taking a deep breath I tightened my hold on the blue and white boutique before opening the doors.

Zines pov;

I sat in the front row. I took the seat closest to the aisle. William sat next to me.
Standing in the front and center stood Liam as he waited for the ceremony to start. Next to him stood Vince. He looked nervous as he picked at his black coat that laid nicely over his black suit.
Behind him was beta Xavier and his brother Andrew.
"Are you excited?" William asked.
"Why would I be?" I grumbled as I leaned back in my chair.
"Maybe because the next wedding will be your own." He wiggled his eyebrows.
I immediately shot his a glare making him laugh.

It will be ours.

Not if our mate keeps hiding things from us. I thought.

It is not my story to tell. All I can tell you is when you get a chance alone with Aria go deep within the center of the forest. There you will find a small empty field lined with oak trees. There is where she lays.

I mean. What the hell did Xavier mean by that? Thinking about it again made my head begin to ache.
As the sun gave its last glow while it began to lower everyone silenced as the music began. The doors to the back of the packhouse opened and her intoxicating scent of wet morning grass hit me. My wolf began to go wild.
Everything seemed as it slowed as she walked out. The blue dress clinging to her body perfectly showing of her womanly curved. Her hands tight around the flowers she held in the center of her chest. As she glided through the center my eyes lingered on her ringlet curls that were pinned up. I could imagine reaching out and caressing each strand in my hand. The orange tones from the sun hit her face lightening up her features. She was glowing.
My hunger for her grew more intensely.
She made her way to the front and to the side similar to her younger brother and beta. Alice walked up and stood next to Vince in front of Liam.
When the hell did she walk down the aisle?
As Liam began his speech I tried to keep my eyes on the happy couple. But I couldn't help the glances as my eyes kept moving towards my mate.

"I alpha of the Blue Waters pack am here as witness to this ceremony of joining future alpha Vince and future Luna Alice together as mates." Liams voice spoke loud and clear amongst the crowd. The hum of a alpha prominent.
He turned towards Vince.
"Do you Vince take Alice as your mate. To love forever, whether in sickness or health. For better or for worse. Till death do you part."
Vince looked at Alice. His eyes gleaming at his mate.
"I do." He stated loudly. Liam then turned to Alice.
"Do you Alice take Vince as your mate. To love forever, whether in sickness or health. For better or worse. Till death do you part."
It only took her a moment to repeat the same words as Vince.

My eyes glanced back towards my mate. And as they did I caught hers staring back at me. My heart began to pound as she began to pull me towards into her trance.
A random woman walked up behind her. She looked away causing me to release the breathe I was holding.
She reached out grabbing the silver pitcher from the woman.

I watched as she walked in front of Vince and Alice. Her posture straight. Her voice spoke loudly sending shocks throughout my body.
" I thank you all for being here today to witness my brother and his mate joining together as one. Us in the blue waters pack have a tradition when it comes to welcoming a new member into a pack. A tradition that has been passed on through generations starting with our greatest elder." She turned around, facing the two, leaving her beautiful pinned locks into view.
Aria reached out, grabbing Alice's hand and pulling it forward before doing the same to her brothers. She led them to clasp their hands together.
She took the silver pitcher and began to pour the water onto their hands. The sounds of the water splashing against the green grass echoed.
"We wash away any pain, any sadness, any despair. And with this washing, we welcome you, Alice, as a new sister, friend, and mother into our pack!" She finished.
She stood back and stood to the side where she was originally. She glanced back towards me once again, trapping me in.

"Now let's party!" Liam boomed making the crowd go wild.