18. To be a god

It didn't take very long to get to the mall.
Leaning my hands on the side of the car door, I stepped out, welcoming the spring breeze. Being cramped in the back seat next to a very large alpha plus your little brother tends to completely suck the air away. Especially when that alpha is your mate.

"You guys ready to go inside?" Alice said, her eyes gleaming as Vince wrapped his arm around her waist.

I wasn't. I took a quick look back towards the car, wondering what excuse I could use to be able to go back inside and wait until it was time to go.

"Come on, old people. I'm here to have some fun!" Andrew pretty much shouted as he sped past us and towards the main entrance, making Alice laugh as she began to jog behind him with a whipped Vince chasing after her.

"Well, I guess that's our sign to go." Zine's deep voice broke me out of mindful trance. I quietly nodded and began my walk towards the entrance, knowing me had already lost the rest of our party among the crowd. In simple strides it didn't take Zine very much effort to stay next to my side as I walked through the heavy glass doors and began a straight line down the narrow hall weaving and dodging amongst groups of humans.

As our pace began to slow and we just eyed the stores and kept quiet amongst the loudness of chatting, I watched as many women began to stare at the large man next to my side.

"I bet a man that large could easily pick up a woman." A blonde chuckled to her friend as we walked past.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Her friend responded.

"I sure would. He looks absolutely delicious." They both started chuckling, and I couldn't help it as my face began to heat up.

Taking a quick glance to my side, I instantly understand what the women saw. The top of my head came up to this large man's underarms. His tanned toned arms held strongly in his white shirt, and yet I also knew somehow his butt looked perfect in the blue jeans he wore. His long black hair slicked back perfectly rounded out the blueness of his eyes. He was truly glowing. A younger version of me would have thought this man was a god, and as a wolf, most men were easily built and torn. I couldn't imagine what he looked like in a human's eyes.

Suddenly I felt overwhelmed as I wished I had my sweatpants and sweatshirt back, wishing I could just turn and run I tried to use my hair to shield myself as much as possible as I continued to walk forward.

Zine's Pov:

I had heard the women, I had noticed the looks, and my wolf felt proud of it. My wolf so desperately wanted Aria to notice how attractive others found her mate. Once the blonde had spoken of being picked up, the only thing on my mind was how small Aria was. How easy it would be to pick her up.

I couldn't help the smirk that spread across my face at the images my wolf had sent through my mind. What a horndog. But part of me agreed. She would look absolutely amazing and lifted in my arms as my large.......

"She's so hot." I was broken out of my dark thoughts as my ears picked up the whispering from a group of men about 6 feet ahead of us. Taking a light sniff of the air, my body began to tense as my eyes narrowed. Why the hell were there a group of rouges at a human mall this close to a pack's territory.

I eyed them down for a moment as they drooled over my mate. Bringing my eyes to Aria, I watched as she kept her eyes on the floor as she continued walking. Her hair fell forward, almost shielding her face completely from me, something that was irritating. Her hands pressed downward, and she fiddled with the sides of her dress.

Even though the dress wasn't too tight against her body, it still looked absolutely amazing on her, I understood why not just the rouges, but she was catching the attention of multiple men. Even at the mating ritual, it was almost impossible not to see her.

I wasn't sure how I felt about it as I clenched my hands to my side. Part of me loved being seen with her, showing off the beauty of my mate enticed me. But the dominance of my wolf disagreed completely. Nobody could tell we were mated or together. She wasn't marked, nor did she wear my scent warning off any wolfs.

My wolf began to shove images of us keeping Aria in our room. She would be completely naked for us and never allowed to leave. Hell, she wouldn't be able to get off the bed with what I would do.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. I was irritated with how easily my wolf slipped into my mind messing with my mental state. Standing straight and tensing my body, I bumped my shoulder against Aria's. With such a small gesture, the tingles that spread against my body at the touch were intoxicating.
Having to look down, Aria quickly looked at me with a shocked look at the brief moment we just had.
"Sorry about that." Her face began to turn red. My wolf began to murmur the words he would use to make that same redness return to her face.
"It was actually my fault." I said bluntly. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as she began to middle on the corner of her lip as the whispers from the rouges continued. Trying my best to keep my calm posture that way I wouldn't run over and tear them to shreds, I turned to Aria.
" I noticed a little jewlery boutique down the hall near the food court." I mentioned.
"If you don't mind, I would like to go look." I finished. Without looking me in the eyes, she gave a slight nod. Without a second thought, I wrapped my large hand into her small one and instantly began to become addicted to the sensation it brought. Without looking at her, I turned forward and began my walk towards the boutique, I slowed my pace as I kept her hand in mine as she walked behind me.