7. No Rescue

(Picture of Alpha Liam. Aria's father.)

I really couldn't believe what was happening. Here we all sat at a long outside table, plates of food littering in front of people. To my right sat beta Xavier and to my left nobody else but Alpha Jax. Alpha Zine sat in front of me, to his right sat my father and to his left his cousin, my brothers mate Alice.

" So, do I have to leave with you guys back to your pack today? That seems so sudden...." Alice broke me out of my thought. I couldn't help it as my eyes looked up towards Alpha Zine. We would be going back home today, I thought. I would never see this man again. The monster of the red mountains pack. My mate. My stomach twisted and turned at the thought. For just a brief moment his ocean eyes looked up meeting mine and my breathe once again caught in my throat. He turned towards my father.

" Because of the circumstances, why don't you and your family stay for a few days. I think it will be good for everyone to get to spend some time together." My chest began to swell at his words. I didn't want to be here for a few days, hell I didn't want to be here for another second. I wanted to run and to never look back.

"I think that is a great idea, thank you Alpha Zine. We will take you up on that offer." My father smiled. There it was. I was going to be stuck here for a few days. Looking up, I realized that the sun had set a little while ago and instead the night sky was in full view. The darkness of the night didn't hide any of the bright stars, instead they twinkled and dazzled upon the large group of people. Wooden torches were lit spreading randomly across the large yard, lighting up everything.

"You know I think we should take that dance that your father talked about." I turned my head towards Alpha Jax who was speaking. My stomach beginning to knot at the thought of his hands on me. I quickly looked back at my father, hoping he would step in and save me from this very moment but instead I was met with a large smile plastered on his face as he nodded towards me. Trying not to show the shakiness within my own hand I reached out and lightly grabbed the one Alpha Jax held out. My hand burning as soon as the connection was made. He stood while lifting me from my own feet leading us towards an empty patch of grass in the yard, not once did I look back towards Alpha Zine knowing that everyone was watching, and yet nobody would be coming to my rescue at this moment.