26. whats going on

Zine stood, and I quickly followed. As my body tensed, I wiped the dirt off my clothes.
"I'm sorry. Did I interrupt? You guys looked like you were having so much fun." Alpha Jax said as he crossed his arms over his chest, grinning.
Zine walked over to where his shirt lay on the ground and quickly shrugged it on, not once taking an eye off the other alpha.
"Why are you here?" He asked coldly.
Alpha Jax turned his attention towards me. Taking a few short steps, he closed the distance between us. My breath tangled itself in my chest. It didn't take but an instant for Zine to quickly come over. He inserted himself between Jax and I. My face almost completely planted into his back. I finally exhaled.

"It would seem that Alpha Liam has taken a liking to me. He asked for me to come to the wedding ceremony." He stepped to the side, peering around Zine once again at me.

"Your father has asked me to come see you. He says that he thinks that I should come ask to be your date." He smirked.

I felt Zine tense. His hands balling into fists at his side.

Jax once again looked at him.

"But it would seem that someone has already gotten your attention. Does your father know?" He smirked.

With that, Alpha Jax turned grinning and left. Although he was gone, my body stayed tense.
Zine turned towards me. His jaw tense and his stare cold.

" You stay away from him. Do you understand?" He asked. His tone is colder than ever. With my chest beating rapidly, I nodded. I watched as he took a deep breathe and then he walked away.

-----------------------------------------------

What the hell is going on with me?
I walked around the edge of the pack yard with my mind racing.
The last few days have been nothing but stress. And now Alpha Jax was here, great, just great.
And what was that vision I had with Zine. Was that just the mate bond?
I smacked the palm of my hand into my forehead. Come on, Aria, calm the hell down. All of this should be the least of your worries right now.
The only thing you should be focusing on is that a rouge pack is so close and that the alpha there could be the one from that night..... and if it is, what the fuck are you gonna do?

"And what exactly is on your mind?" I looked up and immediately felt myself begin to calm down as I walked over to Xavier, who was leaning against a tree right at the pack yard edge between the forest.

I leaned up against the tree next to him.

"There's just been so much going on. I feel like my mind is going crazy."

He turned towards me and put his arm around my shoulder giving me a slight squeeze putting some comfort into me.

" Ok." He said.
"Let's start with this. How do you feel about the situation with the rouges?"

I immediately threw my hands in the air.
"How the hell am I supposed to feel? I'm terrified. I'm scared they are gonna come back." I admitted. Xavier nodded his head.
"That's very valid to feel Aria. Now what about Zine? What's going on there?"
I pinched the bridge of my nose.
"He wants me to decide if I'm going to go pack his pack before he leaves, or I'm staying."

"What have you decided?"

"I haven't decided anything. Things between us have definitely gotten so much better. But then Alpha Jax arrived today, and it just made it worse because now I also have to deal with that."
I looked over at Xavier, who stayed quiet for a moment.
He once again turned towards me.
"Have you thought about telling Zine about your past? He's your mate, Aria. He will provide and protect you, especially if he knows. He'll, maybe then he will even understand you better."

It was my turn to be silent. My mind swirled as I thought about it over and over. I looked up at the tips of the trees. Their swaying branches in the spring air rattling the green leaves.

What would you do mom? I thought.

" I just can't Xavier." Was all I said.

Xavier fully turned towards me. He wrapped his large arms around me and I instantly started to melt in the comfort.

"It's ok Aria. Your a smart girl. You will figure it out and I get through everything."

Zines pov;

After leaving Aria I went back to the packhouse and put on a clean shirt and jeans before once again leaving. Deciding to go on a run I made my way into the forest and stripped out of my clothes.
My bones began to Crack and break as I began shifting. It was no longer painful for me and I could completely shift within seconds since I had become so numb to it.
My eyes blurred as the rest of my body finally began to take form into my large black wolf. After everything was finished my eyesight finally returned to normal as my wolf senses heightened.
Taking my clothes in my mouth I went into a full sprint letting him take the reigns. He needed to get his anger out. Seeing alpha Jax had gotten to him.
He dodged around trees and jumped over dead ones that had fallen during winter. His paws hitting the ground roughly.

He needs to die.

As much as I agree I don't exactly think that is the best solution. The council would be after our heads if we just randomly killed another alpha. We would be starting a war.

Then let there be war.

I rolled my eyes internally.
You can be so damn dramatic.

HE WANTS OUR MATE!!
He shouted at me.

Don't worry. He will never have her. She belongs to us and only us.

My wolf grinned at that. That was shortlived as he was once again fuming.

Why haven't we met her wolf yet. Why can't I talk to her?
He began whining. This was also beginning to frustrate ms as well.

I don't fucking know. I don't know why, but she's completely blocking us out.

Suddenly, a scent makes us freeze in place. My wolf begins to go wild. She's somewhere nearby.
Quickly sprinting back towards the packhouse as we follow the sent. We desperately need her right now to keep us calm.
Before we leave the forest I shift back into my human form and shrug the clothes we had carried back on.
I wondered through the edge of the forest lime as I continued to follow her scent.
That was before my eyes landed on her. In front of me she leaned against the side of the large oak tree, she looked up towards the top of the trees making her look heavenly in that moment. My chest began to race.
I started to walk up towards her. A arm from the front of the tree reached out wrapping around her.
What the fuck?
Kill it.
I quickly hid behind the nearest trees. I took a second before looking back to see the Blue Waters beta wrapped around my mate.
What was up with these two. I closed my eyes for a moment trying to calm my shaking nerves. The last thing I needed was my wolf shifting in anger. And we both knew it was easy to anger him.
After I calmed down I looked back at the two. Aria separated herself from the two and began to walk away.
Without thinking I quickly found myself walking after the beta as he began walking on the edge of the yard line and forest.

Reaching my hand out of the tree lined I quickly grabbed him by the back of the shirt before tossing his back into a tree in front of me.
He instantly went on defense mode, ready to attack until his eyes landed on me. The tenseness of his body immediately leaving.
He bowed his head towards me showing he was submitting to my wolf.
"Alpha Zine, what can I do for you?" He smiled.
Doing my best to keep my hands at my side not to smash him the the face my body shook.
I looked him in the eyes as I got closer.
"What the fuck is going on between Aria and you?"