21. Bonding

We quickly jogged across the busy parking lot. Zine hovered over me, and yet it still didn't stop the harsh whipping winds and large raindrops from hitting me.
       His large hand quickly reached over, opening the passenger door to the black vehicle shoving me inside quickly before jogging over to the driver side.
     Rubbing my hands together quickly, I tried to generate warmth in them.
       People automatically assumed just because we were werewolves that we could get cold. That was further than the truth. Our wolves easily handled colder temperatures than us, but we still got cold.
         Once Zine got into the passenger seat, he ran his hands through his soaking wet hair, sticking it back.
         Wet droplets ran down his face as his shirt clung to his chest, somehow making him even more attractive.
         His blue eyes were brighter than ever.
          He looked over towards me.
          "You're freezing." He said. It took me a moment to realize I had wrapped my arms around myself and was shivering as I sat admiring him.
            "Here." He moved closer to me. I watched closely as he reached his hands out, making my body tense for a moment. He laid them on my arms and slowly began to rub them, emitting his own body hit to me. Between the warmth it brought and tingles at his touch, I instantly began to relax.
              "How did you know I was in trouble?" I found myself asking.
           He was silent for a moment before speaking.
             " I had a feeling of having a pit in my stomach. Then I just felt nothing but fear. I knew it wasn't me." He turned towards me.
         "I can usually read everyone's mind, Aria, but for some reason, I can't with you."
         I looked down and began fumbling with my fingertips. It was my wall. For a long time now, I've kept my wall up to keep my secrets hidden, to keep my feelings hidden.
           He sat back in his seat and looked forward to the pounding raindrops as they completely flooded the car around us.
             "For whatever reason as to why I can't. Just know you can always reach out to me if you need help. I thank the moon goddess I was able to sense you earlier." He looked towards me.
             " Regardless of how we feel or think. If something happened to you, I wouldn't be able to bear it." With such simple words, I couldn't help it once they circled down my ears and began a flutter in my stomach.
                Sudden pounding on the window made me jump in my seat.
              Vince, Alice, and Andrew all stood hovering outside the passenger door.  Vince had his arms around Alice, whose teeth were chattering. Andrew had his arms inside his shirt, which was pulled up high to try and keep warm.
          "Come on, open the door it's freezing!" Andrew begged. I heard as Zine unlocked the door, and quickly, everyone piled into the backseat where Vince slammed the door.
            "There's some unwanted guests here." Vince said quickly as he began rubbing Alice the same way Zine had done to me.
            "I know. We had a run-in with them." Zine responded, his cold nature once again returning to his voice and face.
             "I think it's best if we return quickly and warn your father. It's not a good sign they were spotted so close to the packs line." Said Zine. He turned the key in the engine, and the car started to live. With the windshield wipers flipping back and forth, we spend away from the mall.
               "Aria?" Andrew asked. I turned my head slightly and gave him a light hum as an answer.
               "Are you alright?" He asked. My body immediately tensed qt the question. All my family knew were that I didn't like rouges. They assumed it was just trauma from the rouge attack. Little did they know.
                "Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you." I turned, giving him a light smile. As I turned to once again face forward, I caught a glimpse of Zine as he glimpse at me.
                  If something happened to you, I wouldn't be able to bear it. I repeated over and over as we drove quickly home.