13. Wish to kill

Zine's Pov:
          I walked through the empty hallway of the pack house. Everyone was already settling down for the night besides a few drunken people who stumbled around. Buy I had already positioned some pack warriors put to make sure everyone made it to their beds safe.
           I internally groaned. I wanted to know why Aria and the beta of the Blue Waters pack were so close. Something was telling me they were hiding something, and my instincts were never wrong.
           I had transformed into my wolf and watched them from the tree line, wanting to jump down and snap his neck once his arms had wrapped around her. But instead, I stayed and just watched. But the thing that stood out the most was that he had picked up on someone watching. On my way back towards the pack house, I had picked up an unfamiliar scent. One that reeked almost like a rogue, and yet when William went to scout it out, he came back empty-handed.
           I roughly rubbed my face with my hand. She had only been here for a day, and yet I was both mentally and physically exhausted and was already having some kind of issue inside my pack already. Like I said before, mates were nothing but trouble.
         I turned to my left, entering the long corridor that eventually led to one of many rooms I had in the pack. I had placed Aria in a room near my own, knowing that it was the only way my wolf would settle for the night.
       I was easily able to pick out her scent among the sea of others as I neared her room. I couldn't help it as my heart began to race as I could hear the number of comments my wolf was making in the back of my mind.
      I stopped in front of the large wooden door. Reaching out, I let my large hand touch the coolness of it. Closing my eyes for a moment, I steadied my emotions, trying to pick up her heartbeat in the room. Just wanted to listen to it for a quick moment before I left.
      " Let's not talk about that right now. I want to show you why you're going to choose me as a future mate."  A deep voice recognizable voice echoed inside. My heart hammered as I quickly grasped the doorknob and twisted it open to unveil the sight ahead of me.
        Aria laid down on the bed, her legs curled upwards. Her nipples peaking out through the white shirt she had one. Her hands gripped the blanket tightly in fists on both side. Jax hovered above her. His leg in between her own, his knee daring to inch any high. His hands caging her in on both sides of her head. Besides the ringing sound of witnessing the sight, I could hear her heart beating out of her chest.

       In just a flash I was rushing over, I gripped the back of Jax's shirt and tossed him across the room where he slammed into the wooden dresser almost knocking it over completely. It took a moment for him to steady himself back on his feet. A picture on the wall falling as he did.

       "What the hell is going on?" I growled as I looked between both of them, Aria now getting up from the bed, her hair wild behind her. My wolf was on the verge of emerging and it was taking everything in me to keep that from happening, if he came out, I wouldn't be able to hold him back.  

      Jax walked over to me, and even though he was a large man, I still managed to tower over him.

      "We were just talking, right Aria?" He asked, I looked over to her. She fumbled with her hands in front of her, her head hanging low as she stared at the ground, if I looked hard enough, I could see a slight tremble in her shoulders. An average person wouldn't have noticed it. I turned back towards Jax, stepping to the side so I was placed directly in front of her, hiding her from his sight, something my wolf approved of.

      "You know it's not right to be in here alone without supervision." I Eye'd him down, every part of me not liking the man standing in front of me, something was off about him.

         Good, Kill him.

         Jax reached up and began to rub the back of his neck.

        "Your right, my mistake I was just trying to have a conversation with her in private." He gave a smile.
       "It looked as if you were trying to do more than that." The vivid image still fresh in my mind as it made my stomach twist in ways I had never felt before. The smile on his face fell for just a moment, but then replaced itself.

       "What can I say." He tossed his hands up as if he was just trying to play around.

        "I couldn't help it, she's a gorgeous woman." I felt my hands close into fists at my side.

      "You should leave." I gritted out through clenched teeth. Jax reached his arms upward, stretching his upper body.

     "Your probably right, It is getting late." I watched his every step as he walked towards the open door. Lastly, before leaving he peaked around me towards Aria, and I felt my body begin to tense.

       "Another time." He said before quickly exiting. 

      There will not be another time.

   So, we stood in Silence. Every bit of me being able to take in her Prescence behind me as her scent blocked me in fully.