I fuck up.

I've been here for a week, and I already royally fucked up.

I was claimed by Aphrodite my first day which is considered impressive. I got through my first few days, but when I didn't ask my mom about crushing on someone? She got angry.

If you're wondering who I liked, it was Luke. He's a little older than me, but he's cool. He actually cares for me, like he makes sure I'm safe. We're so close even though 

I was about to talk to tell him this, you know, get it off my chest. With a 'I think I might like you as more than friends, sorry if that's weird!' You know, something stupid. 

But then, she decided I wouldn't be allowed to. She decided it was sooo wrong for me to not consult her first I couldn't tell him.

I couldn't tell him anything. I couldn't tell anyone anything.

I would be silent.

I tried to talk to Luke but my mouth produced no sound. I heard her voice in my head.

 "You wanna tell someone you love them without running it by me? You won't. I'll make sure of it. You won't be able to tell anyone."

"What?! M-mom, that's not fair! How am I supposed to-"

"I'm picking for you. You won't be able to speak until you make someone fall in love with you who I choose. Hmm...I pick..."

"anyone but the new kid, come on, not Percy I hardly know him-" I must accidentally transmit this to her somehow, or she just knows me.

"Percy Jackson."