I had sixty seconds!

I head to my cabin to start packing up my stuff. Suddenly I'm spun back roughly by an arm.

"Ouch." I say as I look at its owner. "Oh, hey Annabeth." I say.

"What happened to Percy? And where's Luke?" She rests her hands on her hips.

"Uhm..." I say quietly.

"Y/n, you better explain. Because right now all fingers point to you for doing something bad to them." She tells me.

"Jeez!" I laugh. "Okay...you have to believe us. I know Luke is like a brother to you...but he tried to kill Percy. Then he ran out of camp." I tell her.

"What?!" She shrieks.

"Mother of the Gods, y/n! Why didn't you stop him?! Or-or tell someone?!" She yells, her hands flying off her hips and up into the air.

"Because nobody else was around, Annabeth! You try seeing your boyfriend almost dead, attempting to carry him, not being able to, and having to explain he got strung by some-some killer scorpion to the Apollo kid who couldn't open the damn door!" I say back, I clench my fists at my side.

"You could have called for someone to help you!" She snaps back.

"No, I couldn't! Because Luke is a fucking evil genius and he decided to do it as far away as possible. Sixty seconds Annabeth! That's what I had, sixty seconds!" I stare at her.

"Okay, okay!" She pauses for a moment. "Sorry for yelling at you, I'm just...I'm not good at this stuff...and Luke..." she trails off.

"I can't believe I trusted him." She shakes her head.

I put a hand on her shoulder. "We all did Annabeth. It's okay." I slide my hand off.

"Thanks..." she does something I didn't expect her to do. She reaches her arms out.

I walk into them and give her a hug. Her head rests in the crook of my neck. Her hair smells good...like lemon. It's nice.

"I had no idea he was capable of something like that...if I did I could have-" I stop her.

"You couldn't have done anything." I tell her firmly.

She's not one to cry but I can tell her wants to.

She pulls herself away from the hug. "Thanks y/n... you're good at this stuff." 

"Of course. Anytime you need me over the summer just text me. Or-or send me an Iris-Message...whatever you're supposed to do." I respond.

"Okay...I'm gonna go start packing my stuff now." She says.

"Hey, you still got your cool baseball cap? The one where you go invisible?" I ask.

"Oh, right. I had it earlier but I let one of my...sisters? Yeah...sisters. I let one of my sisters play with it. You wanna try? I can get it back." She responds.

"Oh, it's alright. Next semester though, I have dibs on first try!" I laugh and she dies too.

"See you tomorrow y/n!" She says while walking towards her cabin. 

"See ya!" I respond while walking in the opposite direction.