fireworks

"Huh?" I pull back from our hug.

"You wanna meet my mom? Not-not now...but like, you could spend the summer with us! Something like that." He smiles.

"I'd like that." I say.

"Me too." We both laugh.

💙

Back at camp we're having a big celebration after our quest. Grover has gone to get his searchers license!

It's dark. I'm laying down with Percy watching fireworks. I scoot closer to him.

He sniffs. "Did you just sniff me?" I laugh.

"Uh, yeah. You smell good!" He laughs too.

He sits up. I sit up too. "The fireworks are so pretty." I remark.

"Not as pretty as you." He looks over at me.

My face feels hot. Me smiles at me, eyes glinting with colors from the fireworks.

"Th-" someone cuts in.

"Hey Percy! Hi y/n!" It's Luke.

"Hi Luke!" I say. All of my feelings for him were lost long ago. 

"Hey" Percy says. His hand comes onto mine. I turn my hand and he interlocks our fingers.

"Sorry to bother you, but can I steal Percy for a second?" He asks.

"Yeah, sure!" I say. 

I stand up and so does Percy.

"I'll be with Annabeth.  Come get me!" I squeeze his hand and run off happily.

"Hey Annabeth!" I say.

"Oh, hey y/n!" She greets me.

"They let you guys drink wine?!" I ask, seeing the drink in her hands.

She almost collapses laughing. "No, no! Y/n, it's cranberry juice!" She says through her fit.

I laugh with her.

"So, we've only talked like once since you came back. Was the quest scary?" She asks.

"Oh, it was! We met fucking Ares and he almost sliced my head off. Oh and now he's mad at Percy and I for like...life." I explain.

"Woah. Speaking of Percyyy" she elbows me.

"What?!" I know exactly what she's implying.

"Well?! Are you two a thing now?!" She asks.

"Okay, you can't tell the other campers about this though!" I laugh.

"I don't like them!" She laughs back.

"Okay, yes we are. We were basically on the beach and Ares had just yeeted his ass, so I tried to get to him, but Ares freaking yanked on my hair-so I was on the ground. Then Ares was yapping for a second, then when he was about to you know-" I pull my finger over my thought and make a crrr sound. "Percy just jumped in. Then I was able to yell."

"Then we basically kissed a-"

"YOU TWO KISSED?! AHHH THATS ADORABLE." she smiles.

"Yeah! Then on the way back to camp we started dating." I feel my face blushing.

"Speaking of Percy, where is he?" Annabeth asks.

"Hmm...good question. I'll go check." I run off deep into the forest.

 I see Luke running...out of camp? 

Then I see Percy on the ground.