a god buys us cheeseburgers

When I wake up a few hours later I'm laying down on Percy's shoulder. Oh shit. I fell asleep there.

I lift my head up and look away. He ignores it.

"Okay...I'm gonna go to bed. Can-can you watch for now?" He asks.

I nod my head. "Thanks." He says and goes to lay down.

🎀

The next morning we begin walking until we reach a highway.

We walk alongside it. "Woahhhh" Grover watches the cars go by. I stand closets to the forest. Grover stands in between Percy and I.

"You forget what cars are like?" Percy asks Grover.

"I-I mean I guess." Grover laughs at himself.

"You forget y/n?" Percy asks.

I look away and shake my head.

"Why are you being weird?" He asks. "I-is this about the falling asleep in me thing? We're like-friends now. It's not weird or anything." He adds.

"You feel asleep on him?" Grover turns to me.

I roll my eyes and nod.

"Wish I would have thought of that." He shakes his head sadly.

"Don't worry, you can tonight." Percy laughs.

I stop walking and point into the distance. There's a sort of old retro looking diner.

"Oh that's perfect!" Grover exclaims.

"Yeah, also I'm really hungry right now." Percy responds.

We make our way inside and find a booth to sit at. After a minute a waitress comes over to us.

"Hi there. Are your parents here?" She asks us.

"Uh-" Percy asks.

"Okay, honestly I don't really care. Y'all got money to pay with?"

"So, uh-" Grover is suddenly cut off by the reving of a motorcycle. We turn to look at the door.

A strongly built tall man with a buzz cut walks in. He swings his helmet off. He looks around.

His eyes land on us and he sits down next to me. The waitress look's terrified.

"Sir, these c-" he cuts her off.

"They're on me. We'll take uh...cheeseburgers, fries, a uh..." he turns to Percy "cookies." 

He then looks at Grover. "Salad, and Enchiladas. And hmm...uh..." he squints at me. I mess with my hair a bit. 

He snaps his finger " y'all got pomegranates and milkshakes?" He asks her.

"Y-yes sir." She says. "Will that be all?" He looks at us for an answer. "Yep. That's it, thanks sweetheart."

(BUZZ OFF REFERENCE?! ADAM PROJECT STARING Y/N L/N AS SWEETHEART YALL?!🙀🙀)

"Your Ares. God of war." Percy says quietly.

"Okay then, straight with it. Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon and Sally Jackson. You like cookies." He nods at Percy.

"Yeah." Percy says.

"Grover Underwood. Saytr. Y'all like plants." He then turns his head to me.

"Yep." Grover responds 

"And y/n l/n. Daughter of Aphrodite. Uh...your mom has a thing for pomegranates. Did ya a solid she'll be proud of you eat some." He nods.

I nod and look down. He's kinda scary. He smells like cigarettes and gas.

"Why you bein so quiet kid?" He asks.

"Uh her-her mom and her had something go on." Grover explains.

"OHHH!  You're that kid!" He looks between Percy and I. "You really can't talk yet? Come on, girl." He laughs.

No way Ares just called me 'girl'.