CHAPTER 4: The Tournament

The morning sun cast a warm, golden glow over the lush green landscape as the gentle breeze carried the sweet scent of springtime blooms. A sense of anticipation filled the air as the people of the kingdom prepared for the grandest event of the year: the tournament hosted by Sir Lancelot and King Crossover in honor of the newly crowned king's coronation. Knights and nobles from far and wide began to arrive in their finest armor and most impressive mounts, eager to prove their worth in the arena and win glory for themselves and their kingdoms. The bustling town marketplace was abuzz with activity as vendors set up their stalls, hawking their wares and services to the eager spectators.

In the center of the village, the tournament grounds took shape under the skilled hands of Sir Lancelot's most trusted knights. The wooden grandstands, adorned with colorful banners and pennants, rose majestically on all sides, offering a prime view of the action below. The tournament field was marked by a series of obstacles designed to test the mettle of even the most seasoned warriors, including a treacherous moat, a towering castle wall, and a field of razor-sharp spikes. As the sun continued its steady climb toward the zenith, the last of the knights and nobles arrived, each one more impressive than the last. Their horses were groomed to a high sheen, their armor polished to a blinding gleam, and their weapons sharpened to a razor's edge.

The king himself took to the grandstand, flanked by his most trusted advisors and Sir Lancelot. His eyes swept over the throng of people, taking in the sight of so many great warriors gathered in one place. He felt a mixture of awe and pride, knowing that he was now their leader. As the sun reached its zenith, a herald's voice boomed across the tournament grounds, announcing the start of the grand melee. Hundreds of knights and nobles charged toward the center of the field, their mounts' hooves thundering against the earth. The air was filled with the clash of steel on steel, the shouts of battle cries, and the thunderous cheers of the spectators.

The tournament raged on for hours, with each contestant proving their mettle against a formidable opponent. As the day wore on, the knights and nobles began to drop one by one, until only ten remained. The final round was a battle of epic proportions, with each warrior fighting with a skill and ferocity that could only come from years of training and battle experience. The king rose to his feet, his heart pounding in his chest, as he watched the two champions duel at the center of the field. Sword clashed against shield, sword against sword, and shield against sword. It was a battle that would be remembered for generations to come.

Queen Sith arrived in disguise as the White Knight, her armor gleaming in the sunlight as she gracefully guided her steed across the tournament grounds. The people of the kingdom recognized her immediately, but they remained silent, unsure of whether or not to reveal her true identity. The White Knight joined the fray, fighting with honor and valor, her movements fluid and graceful despite the chaos around her. As she fought, she searched for her husband, the king, and the two of them managed to meet eyes for just a moment, exchanging a look of love and encouragement.

King Crossover found the White Knight suspicious, but admired her skill in battle. He decided to keep an eye on her as the fight progressed. The battle raged on, with the White Knight fighting valiantly against the other champions. Suddenly, the king noticed a moment of opportunity and charged toward the White Knight, attempting to engage her in a one-on-one duel. The two champions circled each other warily, their weapons at the ready. The spectators held their breath, unsure of who would emerge victorious.

Queen Sith took off her disguise as the White Knight, revealing her true identity to her husband, the king. Her reasons for disguising herself was to get revenge on King Crossover for letting Sir Lancelot attack her and steal her kingdom. She had planned to defeat him in the final battle and take back her throne.

King Crossover got baffled, "Queen Sith, the one that snapped my neck. How did you manage to find me?!" he said, still unsure of what to believe. Queen Sith smiled sadistically, "Oh, your Majesty, I've been searching for you for quite some time now. I knew that you would eventually find your way here, to this tournament. It was only a matter of time." She lowered her voice, "And as for how I managed to find you, well, let's just say that I have my ways." The king's expression turned grave as he realized that she was not here to simply watch him fight.

She was there for revenge, and she was not going to let anything or anyone stand in her way. As their blades clashed, Queen Sith pressed her advantage, her movements quick and deadly. King Crossover fought valiantly, but he could feel himself being pushed further and further back. The crowd watched in silent awe as the two champions fought, oblivious to the true nature of their battle.

Sir Lancelot tried to rescue King Crossover but Queen Sith stabbed the knight's heart before he could do anything. The king fell to his knees, shocked and devastated by her betrayal. He had trusted Sir Lancelot, had considered him a friend, and now he was dead. The crowd's cheers turned to gasps as they witnessed the brutal end of their champion. Queen Sith, her face etched with a cruel smile, watched the king struggle to comprehend what had just happened.

Queen Sith looked at King Crossover in a threatening way and told him, "Consider this payback..." Her voice trailed off as she gestured to the crown upon his head. The king's eyes widened in understanding. She wanted his crown. He had to stop her. With renewed determination, he charged at her once more. Their blades clashed violently, sparks flying as they strained against each other. The crowd, now fully aware of the true nature of their battle, roared their approval.

But Queen Sith decided to destroy King Crossover's castle and kill his people as a final revenge. The battle between the two champions was interrupted as the White Knight, Queen Sith in disguise, began to wreak havoc on the kingdom. She charged toward the castle, her sword flashing in the sunlight as she slaughtered guards and civilians alike. King Crossover, horrified by her actions, followed close behind, desperate to stop her before she could achieve her twisted goal.

"STOP, QUEEN SITH!" King Crossover shouted, his voice raw with desperation. "What are you doing? This is not the revenge you seek! This is madness!" The White Knight, her face contorted in a mask of rage, paid him no heed. She continued her relentless advance on the castle, her sword swinging like a deadly pendulum. The castle gates began to buckle under her assault, splintering wood and twisting iron groaning in protest. The guards, recognizing the threat they faced, struggled to form a defense against the enraged queen.

The castle crashes on King Crossover as Queen Sith manages to escape with her life. The kingdom is left in ruins and its people, scattered and traumatized. Queen Sith, now a fugitive, disappears into the wilderness, her true identity and motives a mystery. King Crossover, barely alive, is found by Sir Lancelot's squire, who had been watching the tournament from afar. The squire, sworn to protect and serve his master, vows to avenge Sir Lancelot's death and restore order to the kingdom.

The squire's name was Tyrant, and he was determined to bring Queen Sith to justice. He set out on a quest to find her, following a trail of destruction that led through the ruins of villages and forests. Word of his quest spread quickly, and soon others joined him, seeking vengeance for the deaths of their loved ones. They became a group of vigilantes, known as the White Knight's Vengeance, their identities hidden beneath white cloaks to symbolize the innocence they sought to protect.

But he had to bring the severely injured King Crossover first to safety. With great effort, Tyrant managed to carry the unconscious king to a nearby clearing, where he built a makeshift shelter for him. He tended to the king's wounds, cleaning and binding them, hoping against hope that he would recover. As he worked, he could hear the sounds of battle in the distance, the White Knight's Vengeance fighting against the remnants of Queen Sith's army. He knew that he couldn't join them yet, not until he was sure that the king was safe.