CHAPTER-21

After the party came to an end, Jungkook, accompanied by his friends made their way back home.

They arrived back at their house, and Jungkook ran to the back door, entered the house, and without making any noise, went to his room. He removed his clothes, washed up, and changed into his pajamas.

He jumped on his bed, put his phone on his nightstand, and closed his eyes, forcing himself to sleep.

In the other hand Eunae quietly entered her hostel, careful not to disturb the sleeping residents. As she made her way to her room, she noticed that everyone was fast asleep, including her roommate Nayeon. Without uttering a word, she gently closed the door behind her.

In the dim light of their shared room, Eunae tiptoed to the bathroom. Once inside, she turned on the tap and stared at herself in the mirror. The reflection seemed to hold the weight of the past incident.

"And I like you," Eunae said.

"What?" Jungkook asked, shocked.

"I think I heard you wrong."

"No, you didn't hear wrong. I really like you," she affirmed.

Jungkook was too stunned to say something. "Eunae, you are really beautiful and also a smart girl. You are the dream girl of every boy." He took a breath.

"But you were never in my dreams. I am sorry. I hope you can understand."

With that, Jungkook left, leaving Eunae standing there, a whirlwind of emotions coursing through her.

In the present, Eunae found herself sitting on the floor, tears streaming down her face as the weight of the night's events pressed upon her. Suddenly, a gentle knock echoed through the room. It was Nayeon, her roommate, expressing concern.

"Are you in?" Nayeon asked.

Eunae hastily wiped away her tears, went to wash her face, and then opened the door. Nayeon's worried expression softened as she saw Eunae's red eyes and tear-streaked cheeks.

"What happened?" Nayeon asked, her concern deepening.

Eunae, not ready to share the details, simply said, "I miss home."

Nayeon, understanding pulled Eunae into a comforting hug. "I'm here for you," she reassured.

Eunae nodded, grateful for Nayeon's presence and support, even if she chose to hide the full extent of her emotions. As they embraced, Nayeon silently offered a reassuring haven in the midst of the emotional storm.

----------

In the morning In Jeon Mansion :

The Jeon siblings gathered in the dining room for breakfast, their usual banter and energy filling the air.

"Where is my banana milk?" Jungkook asked, his impatience evident.

"Wait for a while; it's coming," Rose replied.

"I can't—"

The front door suddenly knocked, prompting Jisoo to make her way towards it. To her surprise, it was their parents.

"Mom, Dad!" Jisoo exclaimed, rushing to hug them.

The other four siblings joined in, expressing their excitement and missing their parents dearly.

"I miss you so much," Jungkook said, burying his face in his mother's shoulder.

"Aww, baby, we missed you too," she responded, hugging him tightly.  "You just missed your mom, not me, huh?" Their father playfully teased.