CHAPTER -29

"What?" Hakyun exclaimed, shocked.

Yoosun nodded solemnly. "Yes, he woke up saying it's them, they're back. It's obvious he's talking about the kidnapping that happened nine years ago."

Hakyun's expression turned even more shocked as he absorbed the news. Suddenly, some cops approached them. "We checked Jungkook's car, phone, and traffic CCTV cameras, but found nothing. We'll need Taeho to draw a sketch," One of the officers said." Sure " Hakyun said.

The cops inquired once more whether, now that Jungkook was admitted to the hospital, they wanted  to talk to him. However, Yoosun explained their current situation saying , "Jungkook isn't in a condition to talk now. It's better to ask him later."

The police agreed and asked if there were any suspicious circumstances. Hakyun explained how a stranger had brought Jungkook to the hospital and mentioned the rope marks found by Doctor on Jungkook's  arms, back, and chest, suggesting the possibility of someone tying Jungkook up and throwing him into the water. Hakyun's voice  trembled as he spoke about his son's condition.

The cop offered reassurance, promising to do their best to find the culprit.

______________

In the  other hand, Minho stood before Mr. Park, his gaze piercing as he demanded answers. "Why you want to kill Jungkook?" 

"Because he killed your mother, Minho!" Mr. Park spat out.

Minho chuckled bitterly at the accusation. "You would have killed my mother even if she hadn't died." He retorted. 

Mr. Park's anger flared, " Minho !!" He shouted in frustration.

But Minho remained unfazed. "Did it hurt?" He asked calmly. "It's supposed to. You were the reason all of this started. And it's not even Jungkook's fault. He was just a baby. How could he have known that his birth would lead to someone's death? In that case, it's nobody's fault."

Mr. Park smirked,  "It seems like you are too attached to that boy, but alas, he is dead!"

"No, he is not, because I saved him," Minho retorted . "And your plan was great, but you failed."

Mr. Park chuckled, dismissing Minho's confidence. "Don't be so happy just because you saved that boy once. There are many ways I can still kill him."

Minho's glare intensified, "Not so soon. As long as I am alive, no one can touch Jungkook. Before you  harm him, you'll have to go through me," He declared firmly before turning and leaving the scene.

Minho angrily marched to his car, frustration gnawing at him. He slammed the door shut and started driving, his mind swirling with flashbacks from the past.

Ten year old Minho sat beside his mom, who was engrossed in a book. "Mom?" He piped up, seeking attention. "Yes, Min?" His mom responded. "Can I play with the baby?" he asked eagerly looking at his mom's big belly.

"Of course you can," A male voice chimed in. Minho turned to see Hakyun, holding chocolates in his hands.

"Chocolates!" Minho exclaimed, taking one eagerly and beginning to eat. "One at a time, Min," his mom reminded him gently. Minho nodded, munching on his treat. His mom glanced at Hakyun, teasing, "You're spoiling him too much!" Hakyun chuckled. "Why not? He's so cute that everyone wants to spoil him." Minho beamed at the compliment and turned to his mom. "What will we name the baby?" He asked.

His mom looked at Hakyun, who suggested, "Why don't you name him ?" After a moment's thought, she suggested, "What about Jungkook?" She rubbed her pregnant belly affectionately.