CHAPTER -24

Rose gently fed Jungkook slices of apple as he ate them with a pout, clearly bored with his second day in the hospital. Their parents had promised to come in the morning for the discharge formalities and to talk to the doctor, but they had not arrived yet.

" Come on Kooki don't pout."

" Noona it's boring here."

" Then what do you want to do ?"

" I want to go out to the hospital garden for a bit. The fresh air would do me good."

"Are you sure you're up for it? We shouldn't be too far from your room, and Mom and Dad will be here soon to take you home."

"I will be fine, noona, I just need a little break from these walls. Plus, I promise to stay close."Jungkook said confidently.

After a moment of consideration, Rose relented with a small smile. "Alright, but we have to be back before Mom and Dad arrive, okay? They will worry if they don't find you here for discharge."

Jungkook grinned. "Deal. Let's go!"

As they made their way outside, passing a vending machine, Rose suggested getting some snacks for themselves.

"Ooh, snacks!" Jungkook exclaimed, his eyes lighting up. "What are you gonna get, noona? Another bag of chips or maybe some candy bars?"

Rose rolled her eyes playfully. "Hey, I like my snacks, okay? But I might mix it up today and get some chocolate covered pretzels."

Jungkook chuckled "Ah, the classic Rose move. Can't go wrong with sweet and salty, I guess."

Rose grinned, pretending to be offended. "Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it! ."

" Alright alright,  I will wait for you at the garden." He said as he strolled towards the hospital garden.

Jungkook was lost in thought while walking and suddenly someone bumped into him, nearly causing them to fall. Reacting quickly, Jungkook reached out and steadied the person, preventing them from tumbling to the ground.

"Whoa, careful there!" Jungkook exclaimed, a mix of surprise and concern.

The person looked up, grateful for Jungkook's quick reflexes. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going. Oh Jungkook !"

"Yubi, Hey it's you!" He exclaimed, pleasantly surprised to see his classmate.

Yubi returned the smile, relief evident on her face. "Yeah, it's me. Thanks again for catching me."

Jungkook chuckled. "No problem. What are you doing here?"

"Just visiting a relative. What about you? Are you alright ?"

" Oh yah, I am fine. My cousins are students here, that's why I am here." Jungkook lied as he doesn't want to tell the true resion.

"Ah, I see," she said with a teasing grin, "You know, I got a bit worried as I thought you were admitted here. Take care of yourself, Kooks," As she gently caressed her cheeks in a flirtatious manner.

Jungkook, taken aback but playing along, raised an eyebrow with a smirk. "Well, someone's feeling bold today."

His classmate chuckled, her cheeks flushing slightly. "Just trying to make an impression, you know?"

"I see that. But I am afraid your charms won't work on me that easily."

"Oh, really?  But I tried my best though."

Jungkook chuckled, shaking his head. " Yah but didn't work."

With a charming wink and a friendly pat on the shoulder, Jungkook turned to leave just as his phone began to ring. It was Rose, calling him back to his room.He sighed and went to his boring room.