𝟑𝟓 ✯ it doesn't have to be a thing you know?

ミ★✫彡
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
-𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄-
-

"What the hell is wrong with you guys killing people loved ones." I asked Mak— who was avoiding my question.

"Hello!? I'm talking to you!"

"I don't care if you're talking to me."

"Unt unt, don't do that."

"You don't get to push me away and ignore me! We've have been doing good since we got here." I stated

Mak rolled his eyes as he stared out the window.

"Was it the kiss?" I questioned

My questioned made him avert his attention to me, he stared in disgust. "What? No." He replied

"It doesn't have to be a thing you know?— That I kissed you."

I stared as he goggled me. "I didn't mean to kiss you, it just happened.. I never thought I would do that." I continued

"I won't do it agai—

"Shhhh, okay?" He placed his index finger on his lips.

"I don't care." He stood up

"I killed his father because I was blood thirsty, I was out of control— I couldn't control my blood thirst."

"I seen his father at a bar playing pokers with friends in 1970, he was drunk— I can still smell the scent of beer that was lingering from his mouth."

"I waited til he was done, I waited all day until he was done playing poker— I stayed in a dark alley patiently waiting. I noticed him walking out and I just attacked him. I could still hear his screams til this day.

"I ripped his legs off his body, and somehow it was very amusing, werewolves are not friends of ours and they deserved to die." He stated

"They are our rivals, we're different from each other—

"I'm different from you." I said calmly.

Mak facial expressions softened, he examined me carefully.

When Rhea mentioned being different, Mak's eyes softened as he realized that she was referring to their different skin colors.

Mak sighed before speaking again. "You're more than different Rhea."

"And for the record, I'm not mad that you kissed me— just a little shocked."

A tug formed on my lips softly as he walked towards the door. "Get some rest, okay?" His tone sounding a little more softer

I nodded my head standing there confused.

"I'm just going to feed." He said with his back facing me at the front door.

"Feed on me."

"Rhe—

"No, I insist." I sat on the bed, watching him released his hands from the doorknob.

"No human blood equals weak? Correct?— just feed on me, I trust you."

The last sentence made Mak avert his eyes to mine. "Trust? Do you know anything about Trust?"

"You're willing to trust a 170-year-old vampire that just told you about ripping limbs off a werewolf before? I'm a psycho Rhea." his tone sounded aggressive.

I stood up off the bed and walked towards him, he slowly backed away from each step.

"I fucking get it, why would a dumb human girl like me let a vampire feed on me!? I don't fucking know Mak! I feel like I owe you."

"I've put you in danger."

"You did more than that, you showed me that you're not always a dickhead every time, you made me realized different I don't fucking know what it is! But let me do this! This is my 𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞. Something you guys haven't been giving me recently."

"Look—You're blood is a drug, you trusting me is not the problem— me not trusting myself is."

Rhea looked into Mak's eyes, her heart filled with both understanding and determination. She took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts before responding.
She reached out and gently touched his hand, her touch warm against his cold skin. "I believe in you, Mak."

"why are you saying all of these things? why are you making me feel like this? I'm supposed to hate you."

"Becaus—

"Humans and Vampires don't mix." He said before rushing out the door.

Rhea's heart sank as Mak's words echoed in her ears. She watched him rush out the door, leaving her standing there, feeling a mix of sadness and disappointment. It was clear that Mak's belief in the impossibility of humans and love  was deep ingrained in him.

In that moment, Rhea felt a surge of empathy for Mak. She understood that his beliefs were shaped by his past experiences, and she couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness for him. She knew that breaking down those walls would require patience and understanding.

With a heavy sigh, Rhea made a silent promise to herself. She would give Mak the space he needed to process his emotions and confront his past.

A/n: I feel bad for them both but especially Mak, imagine growing up with no love💔