𝟓𝟒 ✯ open the lid

ミ★✫彡
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑
- 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑-
-

𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐈𝐄 and her four brothers Malaki, Milo, Mak, and Marcus got out of the car along with Rhea's little brother, they took in the lively scene of New Orleans. The streets were filled with people of all backgrounds and ages, shopping, eating, and enjoying the city's vibrant atmosphere. As they explored the area, they passed by stores, restaurants, bars, and more, taking in everything the city had to offer. The sky was a bright blue, with a slightly warm and cozy breeze in the air, creating a pleasant atmosphere all around.

"I can't believe it has been centuries," Mak says

"Grandpa." Rafe whispers.

Mak rolled his eyes as he turned his body to face Marcie, "So— where is this witch."

"Shhh!" Marcie hushed him.

Mak stares at his sister confusingly, "Witches are not supposed to be mentioned here because of the things that they do— Witchcraft is forbidden." she says

"So what are you saying?" Malachi barges in glaring.

"I'm saying— that we have to be secretive about it, there are vampires out here that want them dead so our best bet is that the witch that we're finding is hiding."

"Then she probably won't even fucking help us, Marcie!" Mak said furiously.

"Is everything alright sir?"  A security guard said holding onto his belt that was strapped around his waist.

"Uh oh." Rafe backs up behind the brothers

"Yes, everything is alright sir." Mak's voice sounds attentive.

"Mhm." the security guard examines Mak and his crew.

As the guard examines each person in Mak's group, he can't shake the feeling that he has never seen their faces.  "Hm, you look a little pale buddy, anyways are you guys new here? I don't think I've ever seen y'all faces before." he stares closely

"We are visiting family." Marcus forces a smile.

The security guard nods his head turning to look at Rafe. "Hm, what about you kid? How old are you?" the guard leans closer.

Mak stands in front of Rafe pushing him back a little, the Security guard focuses on Mak's sudden action.

"We were just going." Mak's voice sounds a bit demanding. 

The security guard held his hands up in surrender. "Hey, I'm not the bad guy, I'm just making sure you guys are good." he backed up

"Thanks, sir." Marcie breaks the awkward tension.  

The security guard backs away slightly, keeping an eye on the group as he speaks into his walkie-talkie.

The guard appears to be communicating with someone on the other end, possibly requesting backup or just providing a heads-up to be on the lookout.

✥✥✥

"How do you know so much about witches?" Rafe asks Marcie who is leading the way.