Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The high-pitched sound of a buzzing alarm woke me from my nightmares. The sun beamed through the broken shades of my window burning my eyes. I laid in bed and gathered my thoughts only to realize that my senior year started today. I was not a happy camper.

I was completely horrified at the fact that I had to step foot in that dreadful place. I don't exactly fit in with everyone at that school. I have never kept a stable friendship or even relationship. I know its suprising to hear that anyone has ever loved me. I'm also picked on and bullied on a daily basis. You can only guess why I hate school.

You're probably guessing who the hell I am. My name is Alyssa Nichole Roberts. I'm 17 years old, 5'6, brown hair, brown eyes, and the most broken person you will ever meet.

I hopped out of bed and wobbled my way to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror to examine my now yellowing bruised eye. Long story short, my dad doesn't enjoy it when I burn dinner. I suppose I deserved it. 

I brushed my hand over my rather noticeable cheekbones poking out of my face. I haven't had much of an appetite lately. I guess that's what depression does to you.

I picked my brush up and ran it through my long knotted hair then caked make-up onto my bruised eye. I slipped on my white skinnies and a black Sleeping with Sirens t-shirt. I cringed as the fabric of the shirt irritated the fresh cuts on my wrist as I slipped it over my head. 

I grabbed my backpack and made my way quietly down the stairs in hopes dad wouldn't notice. I already knew my day would be shit, but avoiding him would make it less shitty. Today was my lucky day.

I walk a long way to school everyday. I guess you could say its a rather lonely walk, but I don't mind. It gives me time to think about how my day will be and how I can keep myself together if something happens. Sometimes I think to myself that maybe it will be a good day. Which never has happened. 

I took a deep breath and hesitated before walking through the doors of the school. I walked through the hallway and watched as friends greeted one another excited to see each other. Not one person greeted me or asked me how my summer was. I was used to that. I was here for my education anyway.

My first class was Art which I knew I would love. The classroom had multiple tables that seated up to five people. I'm not a group person so this wouldn't end well for me.

I sat at one of the tables and watched as student piled in and tried their hardest not to sit with me. Four tanned skinned boys walked through the doors laughing and yelling at each other in what I assume to be Spanish. I had to admit they were all very good looking. One of the boys had long black hair with multiple tattoos and a lip ring. Another boy with long black hair and tattoos walked in behind him. He had on a snap back and huge gauges which I found attractive. Okay, Alyssa you're weird. Two more boys walked in, one with spiked up hair and way more energetic than the others. The last one stood out to me. He was very attractive. He had long brown curly hair that fell at his shoulders and brown eyes. I nose ring was hooped around his right nostril. 

I caught myself staring at that boy. Something about him gave me butterflies and goosebumps. He caught me staring also as he glanced at me and gave me a sweet smile. I could feel the all the blood rush to my face as I looked down at the table. Why these feelings?

All the chairs at my table screeched against the floor as all four boys took a seat with me. The spiky haired boy looked at me with a huge, excited grin on his face.

"Hi! My name is Jaime!" He said as he held his hand out to shake mine, "Whats your name?"

"Alyssa..." I said as I shook his hand. Why am I so damn awkward?