Chapter 18

Chapter 18

(Alyssa's POV)

*5 years later*

I stepped out of the tattoo shop, locking the door behind me. Walked down the streets of Sheffield to my apartment. I wrapped my jacket closer around my body, trying to warm myself from the cold air. Fifteen minutes passed until I was unlocking the door of my apartment. I stepped in and plopped down on the couch as I pulled my phone out. I sent out a quick text.

Me: hey babe. What are you up to? Still coming over ;)

Oliver: I'll be there shortly, love ;)

Yes Oliver Sykes is in fact my boyfriend at the moment. When I turned 18, I signed myself out of the psych ward and moved here to Sheffield to become a tattoo artist. I left everything behind for the better. Oliver came into my shop one day and I guess you could say things went from there.

We've been together for a few months now and it's been amazing. We haven't used the L word yet. I don't know if he feels that way, but I honestly don't as much I want to feel that way.

I hopped off the couch to get a quick shower. I picked something sexy to wear knowing what would go down. I stepped under the steaming water and bathed myself quickly before putting on the sexy outfit that revealed all too much. It kind of made me uncomfortable, but I knew Oli would like it.

Soon I heard the front door open and close, "love?" Oli yelled through the apartment.

I quickly ran to the bedroom and planted myself on the bed. I attempted a seductive pose, but I just felt awkward. He soon was standing at my door way gawking. He didn't hesitate before jumping to my bed and having his way with me.

When he was done he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I laid my head on his chest and traced his tattoos. Things stayed silent for a while before Oli broke the silence.

"Alyssa?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"We have Warped Tour coming up soon this summer, and I was just wondering if you wanted to join? Maybe do some tattoos, sell merch, and keep me company." He said the last part with a wink.

I giggled at his ideas, "of course I will. I think it will be fun."

He pecked my forehead and pulled me closer. "I can't wait." He said.

Things became silent again for a while. So I ended the silence, "round two?" I asked with a smirk.

He then crashed his lips into mine before having his way with me again.

***

I woke up with arms no longer wrapped around me. The alarm clock red 6am. I rolled out of bed with a groan and waddled to the bathroom. Oli sure does know how to make someone lose the feeling in their legs. I looked into the mirror and whipped off the smeared make up on my face. I ran a brush through my hair before getting dressed. I slipped on my vans and coat before stepping out into the cold morning.

I have no idea why it's still cold out. It's fucking March, shouldn't start getting warm. I finally made it to the shop and unlocked the door. I blared music through the shop while I got everything ready for the few appointments I had. Soon a tired looking Chelsea stepped through the door.

Yes, the same Chelsea from that hell we were locked in. We both made the idea to move here to get away from our past. She was like a sister to me.

"Hey Chels." I said with a smile. She responded with a grumble. "Rough night?" I asked walked over to her desk.

"It's just too early, but by the looks of your walking it seems like you had a rough night." She winked.

"Hush!" I said laughing before my first customer walked in. It's going to be a long day.

It was near the end of the day before my last customers came in. It was too younger girls that reminded me of my old teenage self. Band shirts and skinny jeans.

"What can I help you girls with?"

One of the girls looked at me shyly. "I have an appointment for a tattoo."

"You have any idea on what you would like?" I asked curious.

She blushed a little bit, "I want to get some lyrics on my wrist that read 'darling you'll be okay', but I'm not sure about the design."

"We'll that's what I'm here for. Have a seat in that chair over there and I will be there in just a second." I said before designing the tattoo into pretty letters.

I stepped into the room and got all my equipment ready. I glanced over at the girl and saw she was tugging at her sleeves while nervously tapping her foot. "Hey don't be nervous. You'll love your tattoo." I smiled at her and she returned with a weak smile.

I soon began to tattoo her and was finished before no time. A wide smile spread across her face as she looked at it. "This is beautiful." She said giving me a hug.

"I'm glad you like it. Might I ask where the lyrics are from?" I usually ask when people get tattoos of lyrics. I like to connect with my customers as much as possible.

She gave me another shy look, "Hold on Till May by Pierce the Veil."

The name Pierce the Veil made me freeze. The name brought back Aalto of memories, but I quickly pushed them back.

"Sounds like a wonderful band." I said with a fake smile.

She quickly paid for the tattoo and I waved goodbye. Chelsea was gone by now so I closed the shop. I took my fifteen minute walk in deep thought. I can't believe their band actually made it. I mean I've only ever heard one song. I didn't know they were going to go big. I guess checking out some songs wouldn't hurt right?

I soon made it home and pulled out my laptop. I looked up the song Hold on Till May and waited patiently for it to load. The music began playing through the speakers and my stomach dropped. By the time the song was over, I was in tears. I knew what the song was about. I just didn't want to admit it. That he somehow has not forgot about me.

I was trying to forget about him.

But I found myself always thinking about him.

---------------------------------

Hey guys! As you can see there is a time skip and that Oliver has made an appearance. I was having major writers block on what to do, then I listened to some Bmth and it all came flooding to me. Thanks for sticking around. It means so much to me! Vote, comment, follow. And also if any of you want me to read your stories, then message me, comment, or leave something on my message board. I love having new things to read <3