Chapter 3

Chapter 3

(ALYSSA POV)

It was rather embarrassing for Vic to find me like that. He probably thinks I'm a total weirdo. I don't understand why he cared so much. I also don't understand these feelings I have towards him. He's so sweet and gentle. Thinking about that peck he landed on my cheek made my heart race and made me blush again. God, I'm such a dork.

I wish I could tell him everyhting, but I was afraid he would run off. I really wanted to tell him about last night, about how I snuck out during one of dads drunken fits. I made it out my window before he made it to my room upstairs. I'm in for it tonight.

I cleared my thoughts. All that mattered right now was that I was with Vic. I would be spending the day with my new 'friend'. I was quite nervous.

We arrived at a small brick house that had no decoration, but a welcome mat at the doorstep. He lived two blocks away from my house.

He parked his car beside three other cars on the small carport. He put the car in park and turned to look at me.

"By the way, I don't live with my parents. I live here with my three band mates, Mike, Tony, and Jaime. You know them."

Wait. Band?

Before I could ask questions, he got out of the car and came around to open my door. What a gentleman.

We walked through the front door of the house. His three friends from school sat on the couch with their eyes glued to the T.V. not paying attention to see whos in their house. Vic finally caught their attention.

"Guys! Don't be rude. We have a guest for christ sake!" He said sort of jokingly.

All their eyes moved from the T.V. to look at me. Jaimes face lit up with a big smile as he jumped up on his feet. He walked up to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Well hello there best friend!" He squealed in excitement. He then pulled away and returned to the couch.

Tony gave me a shy smile and waved. I've never really heard him talk before. He seemed so shy. He needs to come out of his little turtle shell.

"Vic! I said to bring milk home! Not a girl!" Mike yelled throwing a pillow at Vic before flashing me a huge smile.

"Shit. I forgot" Vic said smacking his palm on his forehead.

"It's ok, you were gone long enough for breakfast to be over. So instead Jaime made me a sandwich" Mike looked over at Jaime and gave him a wink and laughed.

"Only because you threatened me! I will no longer make you sandwiches. I am not a woman and Fuenciado will not happen!" Jaime yelled jokingly.

Everyone erupted in laughter that eventually subsided and turned into an awkward silence.

"You're Alyssa, right?" Tony asked shyly.

I gave him a smile and nodded my head.

"Well I'm Tony aka Turtle. I never really got to introduce my self." he smiled.

"So Alyssa, are you capable of speaking?" Mike asked.

"Yea..."

"Well you're awfully quiet. Just be yourself around here!"

I smiled and looked down at the floor.

I couldn't help that I was so shy. I'm just shy because I'm scared of judgement. I'm so used to not speaking to anyone, especially in a friendly conversation.

I searched my brain for something to say to avoid another awkward silence.

"So I heard you guys were in a band?" I asked quietly. Their faces lit up at my question.