Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I stood in the middle of the forest in a state of confusion. I had no idea what forest or how I got here. There were tall trees around me surrounded by low fog. The only source of light came from the full moon in the sky. I had to admit that it was rather pretty and creepy at the same time.

I shivered as I stood in the freezing air. Why was I wearing little clothing? I found myself wearing only wearing a tank top with shorts and bare feet. I was also very dirty and my hair was a mess. I began to panic. How the hell did I get here and end up like this? Last thing I remember is falling asleep on Vic while watching a movie with his friends. Shit I knew they were bad news. God knows what they did to me. I began to feel terrified.

"ALYSSA!" I heard Vic's voice scream through the forest, breaking the silence.

I felt a hint of relief knowing I was not alone, but I also felt a hint of fear.

I didn't hesitate to sprint towards the sound of the scream. I surprisingly didn't hit any trees as I ran as fast as possible. I finally came to stop when I noticed a figure relaxing on the ground leaning against a tree. I exhaled in relief hoping it was Vic. I jogged toward the figure and stopped in my tracks as what I saw horrified me.

Vic was sitting upright against the tree with a dangerous amount of blood on his clothes trailing down from the deep slices in his neck. I looked at his blood stained, terrified face where his once handsome, brown eyes were missing from the socket.

I screamed in horror falling to the ground and let out screech like sobs.

What sick person would do this? I couldn't bare the fact that someone I loved had been tortured and killed in such a way. Someone always destroyed me in some way.

Footsteps suddenly started coming fast behind me. I jumped up and ran as fast as I could away from the footsteps. I tried so hard to run so fast, but ended up going so slow.

The footsteps finally stopped, but I didn't. I turned my head to glance behind to find no one. With out looking, I slammed into something or someone hard causing me to fall to the ground. The person I slammed into got on top of me and straddled my waist. They placed their hands around my neck and began choking me.

My heart dropped as I found myself staring into the eyes of the nightmare from my childhood.

I screamed, but not one noise came out. The hands around my neck were causing breathless screams.

This was the end of me. I knew this man would come back haunt me. I knew he would eventually find me and have his way with me again. I guess it wasn't enough for him when I was a child.

"ALYSSA! Wake up!" Vic?

I woke up screaming to find all the guys hoovering over me giving me worried looks. I wasn't on the couch anymore, but instead I was on the floor as Vic cradled me in his arms.

"Oh thank god! You scared me half to death, Alyssa."  Vic said as he pulled me closer into a tight hug. I immediately began to sob in his arms, thanking god that it was only a dream.

Jaime sat on the floor beside us and began to rub my back, "Why were you screaming, sweetheart?"

So I was screaming for real? The dream was so realistic. I didn't want to tell them. Time to play dumb.

"What are you talking about?" I asked trying to look puzzled.

"Well you fell asleep. At first you were kind of squirming, but I thought maybe that it was normal for you. Then your breathe became heavy and you just started screaming. You started to choke and stopped breathing. We couldn't wake you up. I was scared that you you weren't going to wake. All that matters right now is that you are alive." Vic explained.

I really didn't want to talk about the dream. I didn't want him to ask about the man.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Tony asked.

"Or a really good dream?" Mike asked with a wink as Tony responded by smacking him in the back of the head.

I wanted to escape all the questions, but I am a terrible liar. I couldn't get the man to leave my thoughts. I was truly scared to death.

"What time is it?" I asked trying to change the subject.

Tony looked down at his watch and looked back at me, "6 PM" Oh no.

"SHIT!" I jumped to my feet and ran out the door before anyone could say anything.

I began sprinting  towards my house. I was so screwed. My curfew on school days is 5 pm no matter what kind of excuse. I went ahead and accepted the fact that I was in for it also considering the fact that I ran away the night before.

Tears stung my eyes as I ran through the cold night. I had no more hope for anything. I wish I were dead.

I finally stopped at the end of the small carport. My fathers car sat in the middle of the carport which let me know that he was for sure inside the house. I slowly walked towards the front steps in hopes that dad would not even notice my entrance. I opened the door slowly peaking my head around the door to see if he was in sight. I felt a wave of relief when I didn't see him. I began to tip toe up the stairs up to my room. 

A pair of hands suddenly grasped the back of my hair and dragged me down half the flight of stairs. What made me think that I could just escape him?

Still grasping my hair, he turned me to face him. Tears of pain and fear soaked my face as I looked into his angry eyes.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked through his teeth. The awful smell of alcohol filled my nostrils telling that he was drunk so tonight would be worse than I thought.

I wasn't even going to bother answering his question. Either way, the outcome would be the same.

I took multiple blows to the face and stomach. I was praying that someone would come save me, but my screams were not loud enough.

He finally threw me into the corner of the room by my hair. I lay there with emotionless tears pouring out of my already swollen eyes. I couldn't feel anything anymore. I was numb. I just wanted to leave this life. I hopefully will soon.

I cried myself to sleep on the hardwood floor, hoping that I would never wake.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry for the somewhat gruesome and sad Chapter :( You guys will find out who the "man" is soon, I promise! I think the next chapter will be rather long and I will try to get it to you as soon as possible. GRADUATION IN 20 DAYS, Which means more updates and maybe even more stories ;). Let me know what you think of the story so far! rate. comment. And please stay tuned <3 Never thought I would get up to 90 reads! Thanks so much!! <3

                  --Kristen(: