Chapter 5

Chapter 5

(Vic's POV)

It has been a week since Alyssa fled from my house terrified. Since then, I have not seen or talked to her. She hasn't even been a school. She had me worried to death. I'm probably just thinking too much. She is probably just sick or out of town.

I sat on the small couch as tony sat beside me with his eyes glued to the television. I leaned my head back on the couch and stared at the ceiling trying to tune out Star Wars blaring on the television. I tried everything to get her off my mind, but nothing seems to work.

I felt a small smack on my shoulder coming from Tony, "Vic, you're thinking about her again. I can tell."

Well of course I was.

I shook my head back and forth without saying a word.

Tony let out a sigh, "I bet she is just fine. She could be sick or out of town with family. Stop worrying so much."

"Dude, I can't help, but think that there is something wrong. Did you see the look on her face when she frantically ran away from our house? She was scared of something. I feel like something isn't right..." I said only worrying myself more.

"You're thinking way to much."

I let out a sigh as I rose from the couch and walked to the front door.

"I'm going for a walk.' I said before opening the door and stepping out into the hot sun.

I walked a few blocks towards town in the heat. It had to be at least one-hundred degrees out here, but I liked it.

I starred down at the sidewalk as I kicked the rocks in my path. I was stopped in my tracks when I lightly bumped into a smaller person.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry." I started to apologize.

I began to examine who it was, but they kept their eyes to the ground. They wore a hooded sweatshirt with the hood covering their head and half their face making it hard to figure out who it was.

"It's fine" I recognized that voice. She started to walked past me.

"Alyssa? Is that you?"

She stopped in her tracks with her back towards me and in complete silence. I placed myself in front of her trying to look at her face, but she kept hiding.

"Alyssa, whats wrong? Speak to me please?"

Nothing, but silence.

I lifted her chin with my finger, making her look at me. I wasn't prepared for what I was seeing. It horrified me.

Her face was colored with black and blue. One of her eyes swollen by a black eye. Her lips were busted and swollen. Her jawline was swollen. She was a complete mess.

Anger rose inside of me. Who the hell would do this to her? I wanted to find them and hurt them like they hurt her. She didn't deserve this. This fragile angel had been broken.

I grabbed her shoulders and looked into her eyes, "Who the hell did this to you?"

She didn't answer. I saw not one answer in her eyes. I was looking into an empty shell. Not one emotion came across her face. Her eyes began to glisten, but her face did not change.

Many emotions began to take over me, anger, sadness, and guilt. Guilt because I should have chased after her and kept her safe.

I lightly placed both of my hands on each side of her face, "Please say something, sweetheart..." I begged sadly.

Tears began to spill over on her cheeks. Her face changed as if she was holding back emotion.

"I-I can't" She choked.

"Alyssa..."

We stood in silence for a moment. She looked away from me and down at the ground letting out a broken sigh.

"Dad doesn't like it when I'm late."

Realization hit me fast as my anger boiled. Her own father did this to her. The person who is supposed to love and care about her.

I immediately pulled her into me. I held her fragile frame as she let out silent sobs. I planted small kisses on top of her head trying to calm her.

I can't believe that her own father would lay a head on his own daughter. What if this wasn't the first time? It hurt me to see her in pain. I'm not going to let this happen again. I need to keep her safe.

Finally, her tensed body began to relax as her sobs faded away.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, her voice muffled by my chest.

"You have no reason to be sorry."

"Yes I do. I'm always so upset about something and I can't help, but think that I'm probably miserable to be around. I feel like I'm just such an inconvenience." She said with a raspy voice.

I slightly pulled away to look at her, "Alyssa, I don't care. You can come to me about anything and everything. Everyone needs that friend to talk to. I want to be that person to you. You're also not miserable to be around. I like being around you." I gave her a small smile.

She looked down in attempts to hide her rosy cheeks and the small smile appearing on her face.

Just seeing her smile after she has been through so much makes me the happiest. Especially knowing I caused it. One day I want to cause a permanent smile on her face.

"Just remember that when you're ready to talk about all this, then do not hesitate because I'm here for you." I said looking down at her as her smile grew wider.

"Thanks." She said.

I pulled her into one more quick hug and let go. I then realized once again her sweater in this scorching heat.

"Why are you wearing that? You must be burning up." I motioned at her sweater.

Her smile faded and she began to act nervous. She didn't say anything, but shrugged her shoulders. I didn't want to bother about it much longer so I just left it alone.

The sun began setting, signaling that it would be night soon. I didn't want to take her back home to that monster. An idea popped into my head.

"Alyssa, I don't want you staying in that house."

"I don't want to be there either, but I really have no choice."

"Stay with me and the guys." I spat out fast.

She looked up at me with surprised eyes, but never denying.

"Your dad doesn't have to know. I can't stand the fact of you being there. I don't want you to be hurt again."

She hesitate for a moment, "Vic, I love the idea, but I'm scared that I may not be able to get away with it."

"Well I'm not giving you a choice." I smiled at her as she smirked back giving in.

"Ok fine, but I need to get some things."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"It is a good idea right now because he's not home. Which means we need to get going now." She said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards her house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Sorry if it is a crappy chapter. Things should get better soon though! Things have been mighty stressful lately with exams and graduation creeping closer! Once all of its over, I promise way more updates! By the way, I am loving the feedback so much. You have no idea how much it means to me. I almost gave up on this story, but seeing that atleast some people enjoy it gives me hope and inspiration. Thanks guys! I Love you! Rate, comment, and tell me what you think. Always open for suggestions!

                                      --Kristen<3