Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(Vics POV)

I sat at the restaurant booth playing with my straw wrapper as I patiently waited for Alyssa to return. Even with her being gone for five minutes, I still missed her like crazy. I wish I could just look into the big brown eyes and kiss her soft lips all day every day.

My thoughts were interrupted as I watched Alyssa make her way frantically back at our table. I saw fear in her eyes.

“We have to go now.” She said in a shaky voice.

“Why? Is everything okay?” I asked in worry. She grabbed my hand and attempted to drag me out of the booth. I stood up in front of her and grabbed her shoulders. “Calm down, babe. What’s wrong?”

She knocked my hands off her shoulders and ran towards the door as I followed close behind. She grabbed the car door handle, but I stopped her. “Alyssa, tell me what the hell is going on.” I said beginning to get a little frustrated.

She turned around sharply to face me, “I can’t fucking tell you, okay?” She snapped before she jumped in the passenger seat of the car. I walked around the car and got in the driver’s seat. I hated to say it, but I was really started to get frustrated at her. She has so many secrets that she won’t open up about to me. What I really wanted to know was, why was she so scared in that restaurant?

The car ride was silent back to the house. Occasionally, I would glance out my rear view mirror to find someone following us closely behind me. I shouldn’t think much about it. They probably live on the same block, but Alyssa was acting pretty nervous about the person behind us. What was going on?

We finally pulled into the drive way and put the car in park. Alyssa jumped out of the car and ran inside the house. Once I stepped in, Tony was standing at my bedroom door knocking rapidly. “Alyssa, what’s wrong?” He tried asking through the door, but no answer.

I shut the front door behind me and Tony turned my direction giving me an evil glare. He quickly walked to my direction and stood in front of me. “What did you do to her, man?” Tony sneered at me.

“Okay, back up turtle. I didn’t do anything.”

“The why did she run in the house with an upset look on her face. She was with you all day.” He stepped closer to me.

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration, “I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with her. She won’t tell me.  We went to go eat and she went to the bathroom. When she came back she looked scared and wanted to leave. She said she couldn’t tell me.”

I saw him relax a little bit. “Good, but not good. I thought I was going to have to murder you. Give her some time. You know how she is about opening up about things. Let her calm down a bit and then check on her.”

Sudden realization hit me. I began to panic, “What if she’s hurting herself again?” I asked frantically turning towards the hallway. Tony grabbed my shoulder before I could go anywhere.

“I’m way ahead of you. I hid everything sharp in the house. Even her razor she kept hidden.” He reassured me.

I relaxed and let out a sigh of relief before walking down the hall. I entered the music room. Alyssa doesn’t know that I’ve been planning to write a song for her. I picked up my guitar and began to strum some notes. I thought about her and lyrics began to flow through my thoughts.

As we wake up in your room

Your face is the first thing I see

The first time I’ve seen love

And the last I’ll ever need”

I quickly grabbed a notebook and began to scrawl lyrics and notes into it. I spent a few more hours in there before I realized it was late and I had school tomorrow. I sighed as I left the room. I grabbed my bed room doors knob expecting it to be locked. I quietly opened the door and saw Alyssa peacefully sleeping. I slipped under the blankets and pulled her into my arms. I kissed the top of her heard, “Goodnight my angel.” I fell into a dreamless sleep.

**

I woke up to the loud thunder crackling outside my window. I glanced at the clock to see it was only 4:30 AM. I felt Alyssa stir in her sleep beside me. I rolled over to look over her. She had a scared look on her face and she was sweating. She began to mumble and moan.

“Please stop…” She mumbled and her breathing began to quicken. I lay there an watched her thinking about if I should wake her or not. “Don’t hurt me…” She mumbled louder and began to slowly kick her legs. Her mumbles became louder. Before I could wake her, she yelled almost at the top her lungs, “You can’t take this away from me!” She shot up out of bed panting heavily and sweat dripping off of her. I placed my hand on her shoulder and she jumped from my touch. She looked at me with tears running down her face. I got closer to her to pull her in my arms, but she covered her mouth and ran as fast as possible to the bathroom.

What the hell was going on?

--------------------

I hope this chapter is better than the last one. I’m sorry I haven’t been updating lately. I’ve been going through a rough patch. Thank you guys for keeping me motivated. It means so much to me. Comment, rate, follow, and what not. I love you guys so much <3 I wouldn’t be writing this if it wasn’t for you.