A Moments Rest

Otto looked over his siblings, wiped the tears from his face. He looked at ZYG then he put his hand on his belly. "After all that I could eat."

Renner broke out into laughter. Izzi followed, Hannah smiled at the two of them.

ZYG gave them a moment to calm down, then remarked "The forest, is a forest of bounty venture forth, New friends, and find my Zygtree and there you will find a bounty fit for your heroism." After he was sure they understood. He stayed to see if there was any more questions, but the four of them were talking amongst themselves, so he nodded in appreciation of the love they shared then disappeared.

When they left the mountain all four took a breath of fresh air. And looked to the forest, The misshapen, grotesque form of Trewn loomed high above. It's ever-echoing ring of justice rang out for all to hear.

None of them knew what was in store, which made Hannah and Renner quiet. But Izzi was feeling chatty, "What do you think we're going to see like some sort of walking fruit and we will have to chase it down. Or maybe like some kind of edible squirming vine." she speculated rolling her eye.

"Running fruit." Hannah repeated with a reserved giggling. "That sound like a challenge for comma and apostrophe."

"Whatever it is I hope it's crunchy." otto wished belly aching.

They approached the edge of the forest. All of them salivating at the prospect of rest and something to eat. Renner walked through first followed by the Ladies then Otto, who was holding the assault rifle attentively. As they wandered around unsure of where to go, they began to hear the sounds of the forest. Small creatures abound on the forest floor skittering around, making little noises. High up in the trees birds sang their lovely tunes. Leaving the middle ground for bigger predators, like the one that is behind the bush now. A loud rustling came from the bushes in front of them. The shock of it all came quickly, and before they knew it Renner was covered in a mass of black and gold fur. Then suddenly everyone felt the warmest sensation of love from the giant beast. The face within the glorious mane appeared from out of Renner's chest. It was Bunkr, bright eyed and now looking for Izzi to jump on and show affection. Izzi tackled her.

Then Bunkr as if remembering being told sent a feeling to all of them to follow. Bunkr led them to the Zygtree. All around the Zygtree was a ring of large trees whose roots formed low seating and even larger roots rose up to form a sort of table. Resting on the roots was all sorts of fruit. Upon closer inspection Renner noticed they were growing out of the branches too. There were eight different kinds of fruit, Otto grabbed one of each and found a seat on the roots. The rest of them found a seat, as they sat, light little branches came down behind them giving a chance to sit back and relax.

ZYG appeared "please accept this bounty for all your aid in bringing me back from the brink of death."

"I didn't know that you were going to die." Izzi said shocked.

"I'd been dormant many years if I cannot differentiate me from nature I cease to be and nature will run its course." ZYG walked around to the other side where Hannah was picking at the cluster of red berries in front of her. ZYG looked her in the eye. "How are you handling the..." he paused as he searched his mind for a missing word... "gift." He asked without losing eye contact. She stared back her eyes small embers.

Then Izzi interrupted, as if just now noticing "I can barely feel you" she looked at ZYG for an answer.

"Rest assured she has only gained an appropriate amount control for one who has become immortal." Hannah blushed when ZYG said this.

"Yeah, what exactly does IMMORTALITY entail?" Renner asked a little callously in regards to Hannah's feelings.

Hannah got up and walked away. Izzi followed her.