Hungry Things

ZYG meet them back at the tree And had some rather interesting veggies that grew out of the branches. ZYG met them there with a broad smile. These veggies I grew for you to eat are going to strengthen you for the final task ahead. Zyg gave them a moment to get comfortable then continues these vegetables contain certain properties. They will increase the amount of strength and energy you have while you finish the last task. On the back of the mountain towards the top is the communications geode. From there I sent signals to various locations in order to move matter within this space. When you get there, you will see broken crystals. I need those cleaned out the I will have need of them deposited into the lava at the center of the mountain with the stones you retrieved from the Evrent. Again, once you do that, I will have the means and the power to do a lot more than send you home."

He was almost giddy. They couldn't believe they were this close. "As for that gem. It is a gem of infinite worth. While it is inside the body it causes the user to attract wealth. "

"I don't think there's a one of us I wouldn't trust more then you Renner" Izzi said much to the agreement of the other two.

"Besides it will work for all of us in a way." Otto said looking to ZYG for confirmation.

"So, do I just eat it?" Renner asked.

"it's a suppository." Zyg said flatly.

Renner's brain broke and he began to stutter. "In my.. I just... I can't- I won't" the expression on his face shifting between horror confusion and disgust.

"This is my attempt at humor please just ingest it." ZYG nodded happily and excitedly as the twins broke into raucous laughter "Okay eat up gain newfound strength and energy and climb the mountain to the geode on the back."

Renner ripped the top of a drinking gourd and swallowed a lifetime of money in one gulp, followed by a loud sigh of relief.

The four of them chatted amongst themselves and munched on the veggies as they approached the summit of the mountain. Ready to climb they climbed for about two hours, all the while noticing the gravitational forces were weakening. Before they crested the opening of the geode it was an unbelievable sight, every shade of crystal grew from within. Light refracted off all of the crystals lighting up the area with a fantastic light show. They sat on a nearby crystal that lay flat on the ground. Otto and Renner went ahead looking for damaged crystals but it was a veritable forest of mirrors. Everything reflected off everything else making navigating through it difficult.

The ladies came up behind them. "we've got an idea." Izzi said pulling Comma out of her pocket. The little creature jumped to a low shelf formed by a rather appealing shade of red crystal. Apostrophe joined his partner and they watched as the two climbed up to the top. Then they disappeared. After a few moments they came fluttering back down to the sisters.

"They found something and want us to follow." Hannah said excitedly. The little creatures took turns guiding them through a complex web of chromatic crystals. Until the little Apostrophe came back from scouting ahead, chittering excitedly. "we're close." Hannah reported. The Zygtree was visible through the last few crystals, the Zygmyst shifting colors as they walked by. Then they were there, some crystals lay horizontal as if grown that way to make seating around the Zygtree. A black backpack with all sorts of pockets and zippers awaited them against one of the seats. Renner and Otto rested and opened the bag for some more veggies and some juicy fruit, that tasted clean and refreshing.

Also, Inside was a small black leather bag. ZYG appeared and said he has one last gift to give, to Otto. Otto looked excited, and said "is it seeds so I can take these fruits and veggies with me?" he took the bag Renner had handed him and opened it, inside was a series of rings all made of the same material as the crystals around them and exactly his size. "These will enhance your periscope. In order for it to work just place a pair on your forefingers of the same color. And open your periscope. I'm particularly proud of this one." ZYG finished. Otto found the pair of black ones. Put them on his forefingers then made a rectangle between his thumbs and newly adorned fingers. As he pulled his hands apart, they all saw what it was. It was someone else's perspective. They were in Izzi and Hannah home. Their father sitting in his favorite chair smiled at them. "Black is for the perspective of the one you fear the most." ZYG explained. "Might I recommend the white." Otto reached in found them then after putting them on he opened the periscope, to see him looking into the periscope. It was Renner's view. "So that you may further understand your brother's point of view." ZYG explained. "You will come to understand the others in time. We must hurry." ZYG walked over to the sisters, their sugar gliders heads poking their heads out of their pockets. ZYG rubbed their heads with is mysty hands. "These two will guide you to the broken parts of the geode." He disappeared, with a smile in his eyes, allowing the tree to go back to its original form.

When they were ready, The ladies took the sugar gliders out of their pockets and asked for their help. The little pets led them through the crystals until they came upon the damage. Several crystals lie in ruins Luckily the damage was not too severe. Hannah formed a makeshift cart with her living metal and secured it safely to Bunkr, who's intention to help was clear. They all picked their side and began to do the work of cleaning and picking up the mess. Diligently and steadfast the four worked tirelessly and when they had finished, they along with Bunkr, helped tow the load to the zygtree, for another short break among its wispy branches before they climbed down.

Otto broke the silence of their lunch to say "This place is a veritable Eden. Maybe we could be more help to ZYG. Stay with him and help him with situations like this." He gestured to the crystals.

Renner looked shocked. "So, what, you think we should forget about home. Go on adventures with ZYG for the rest of our lives. Sure, let's abandon our mothers and fathers to whatever is happening between the two worlds."

Izzi had tears in her eyes. "My mother changed. Yours didn't." she wiped away her tears.

Otto had an idea. "What if we stay up here for just a few days and help him while I monitor their mother with my cool rings."

"What if we go to your parents and see what ideas they have, Mom is brilliant, no matter what earth she from." Izzi suggested.

"They have the right to know what is happening to their children, even the ones they don't know about." Hannah looked down sorrowfully at the holes on her arms.

Renner says, " you are right they need to know about their unbelievable daughters," smiling at Otto, who smiled back.

"Do you think that ZYG would be okay with that." Otto said meekly

"I believe ZYG just informed us that he is amenable." Hannah said Pointing to ZYG under his tree with a giant smile.

"Thank you, Hannah is correct, I would greatly enjoy you company until I must inevitably leave earth."

"When is that." Otto asked

"I was sent by forces beyond your understanding to prevent catastrophe on a galactic level. The proliferation of the Earth's may bring about a false vacuum in the milky way Galaxy. I was waiting for it to happen when my crew mutinied and left to earth where they believe that by proliferating the Earth's, and harvesting that much consciousness, it will bring one an unparalleled level being." The four of them were gob smacked.

Hannah stood up "so you're going to be here until our problem is fixed then?" ZYG nodded.

Izzi stood up and walked over to Hanna and stood next to her "and how do you plan on fixing this problem ZYG?" She asked

ZYG lowered his head "I am afraid my ability to affect your world is limited to those who are willing to help." He looked as the brothers stood up and joined their sisters. "I believe you told me I can I count on you?" He eyed Otto.

Renner picked up the handle to the cart "Count me in. It will nice to know someone so powerful is watching over us." the rest of them agreed in their own way, their picked up their stuff, and finished walking down the mountain. All of them excitedly telling each other what they are going to do for their free time out here in ZYG's veritable Eden. When after no time at all they were approaching the lava at the center of the mountain. They diligently placed all the crystal shards from the geode, into the lava. The lava consuming it all with ease. Until Renner placed in the first of the red oblong stones. When he did, the lava began to truly churn in place fervently and the mountain began to shake. After it finally died down, ZYG appeared as the corners of the room began to dispensed ZYGmyst.

"At last, because of your aid, I am near full power." He shouted joyfully. "Finish throwing in the stones and I will send you home."

"I think we'd like to stay if you'll have us." Otto said looking for approval from his siblings. They all nodded. Then Renner threw in the last two stones.

"Oh, joyous day" he said "you have the means to return to me. Izzi remember to push the button on the bottom of the box to let me know when you are ready." He waved at them as they disappeared. Returning home.