Not a Monster

ZYG was sitting in the back of the room with a sullen face. "There is a broadcast happening down there." The far right of the screen showed an image, it was an alien. It looked to be a bit bigger than a human, gangly bits hanging off him, his grin was sharp and overbearing. There seemed the be a great big cloak over his shoulders giving him an air of an alien military. It was just standing there as a growling sound came from it, he was mumbling orders to people around him. Then it spoke with a voice that brought fear, "your whole world will fall. We demand you lay down arms and die." There was no hope in the voice that came from the alien.

ZYG was crying "He uses our people's image as a Horror, a nightmare, a villain."

"That's what your race looks like?" Hannah sympathized, standing up to get a better look. "I don't think it looks too scary what about you Izzi? She asked looking at Izzi

Izzi smiled "I think you should look like that all the time."

Otto joined in "I want to get to know the real ZYG. Besides if you look like that and are as kind as you have always been, he will feel less scary."

Renner was massaging one of the places that the Evrent had stabbed him. "You've been so good to us. We can't help but want to know the real being that has treated us so kindly."

The feelings were overwhelming to all involved. Silence prevailed as the group sat in the emotional vulnerability, Love conquering fear. ZYG changed from his human form into that of his people. He wore no cloak. Instead, he wore a rather dashing, Kimono-like robe that looked distinctly human, inspired, he said, by his new friends.

"If we don't ever want to be afraid of you, it will make it harder for us to be afraid of him. Thank you for being you." Hannah said wrapping her arms around his misty form.

"What can we do next?" Renner asked after an respectful amount of time.

"All we can do now is try and put back as many people as we can. I'm afraid I don't know to stop the progress. Some event will happen in the future that will cause another two earths to appear then four then eight. "Zyg trailed off. "Then the tidal forces of divinity will condense all consciousness making one being the master of all. Free to use that power as it wishes." ZYG was defeated. All he wanted to do was stop this but his presence here caused all of it.

Otto was leaning against the wall by the table. "How did he get a portal open?"

"It takes an enormous amount of energy to do it, it is feasible that they used the electrical grid across your nation. After some time we will be able to reacquire infraZYG. Until then you are the only people who can help put this back together. Their portal has been closed, for now, and they will find it difficult to open a portal into this dimension."

"Okay," Renner spoke up "let's get as many of these people back to infra-earth as we can."

Hannah stood up apostrophe poking his head out barking for his mate's attention. Izzi stood up next to her sister. They looked at each other and smiled "Let's do this."

"ZYG will guide us to the people from HQ. We will put them back or bring them here to ZYG." Renner ordered. ZYG nodded and they got ready to go. Allowing ZYG time to prepare on his side. When they were ready the four were teleported down into an empty room of the white house.

"Where are we going ZYG?" Izzi asked

"Please push the bottom of your box Izzi.". ZYG instructed. When she did Zygmyst spilled out of the bottom, landing on the floor, then snaking away toward the door. "Follow the Zygmyst."

Hannah had an idea so she pulled out apostrophe and whispered "help us by scouting." She got an intention to do it with his mate. So, she asked Izzi. The little sugar glider's went ahead silently creeping.