Four Palindromes

When the four made it home it was late at night. The boys' parents were in the kitchen, cleaning up after dinner. Otto went in first and gave his parents a big hug.

"Where have you been?" Robert said shutting the dishwasher.

"Yeah, where have you been we were just starting to get worried. We're you at Katy's" Leslie asked

"Mom, Dad there's something going on that we need to talk about" Renner said as he was coming around the corner. "You know that experiment you did to open a portal?"

"You mean the one that got me a Nobel prize?" she said

"Yeah, well something happened and now there are two earths." Renner let out a big sigh. "And... on the other earth... you had two girls."

Otto spoke up "their names are Hannah and Izzi."

"Seems like we came up with the names the same way." Robert said with a prideful smile.

Renner waved Hannah and Izzi in as Otto made a periscope between his fingers wearing the black ring. He saw that Leslie and Robert having a nice dinner in a restaurant. "This is your perspective, well from the other world only something is happening over there. You are not being yourself. I don't know if they're safe anymore."

Looking through the periscope Leslie was shocked. But she became even more taken aback when two ladies that looked uncannily like their sons walked into their life. Leslie and Robert stared in disbelief, with tears in their eyes, as they made their way to the young ladies. They hugged both of them all the while saying "I can't believe we have daughters."

"Well, what makes you feel unsafe with us in the other world." Robert asked holding Izzi's shoulders.

"It's not you Dad" Hannah said hugging him again.

"It's me?" Leslie said a little more than hurt.

Izzi couldn't hold back the tears. "She's calling for the military to get ready for an offensive strike against this world."

Hannah said nothing. She felt nothing, but eyeing the situation, she surmised that she should be angry about the situation but all she could muster was a morose feeling.

"Our mother is not who she says she is, if she is mom." Hannah started "and she seems to have the ear of powerful men and women in high places. She wants to come over here she just isn't sure how to do it. The only person we know with the capability is Otto." Hannah finished as Renner placed his hand on Otto's shoulder to open the bladder. Then Renner took off down the hall as he needed to pee.

"This is Renner's bladder. He entered and gestured for them to follow, then continued. "in here is whatever Renner makes it usually after he pees. Lately he just keeps it like this." He gestured to the empty white space all around them "But he can do a lot with this space. He walked over to the other side of the bladder and opened a portal to the kitchen in the other world. Renner, Hannah and Izzi looked around the girls' house for any evidence as to what the doppelganger might have planned.

Otto stayed back in Renner's bladder with his parents. "I saw you mom, on the TV, on the other side. You wanted to attack and steal all the resources for themselves. As far as their concerned we're aliens pretending to be human readying an assault on this side. They think they need a premature strike on our invading army." Izzi walked back in holding some paperwork.

"This is really bad news." Leslie said inspecting the edges of the portal in detail.

"Lucky for us we have an ace up our sleeve." Izzi said. She reached into her pocket and held out ZYG's box.

Renner and Hannah walked into the bladder, Hannah now wearing a knitted grey turtle neck, with a giant pocket on the front, and tan slacks. "His name is ZYG and he's a friend." Otto said